• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan
Hi everybody.

So, I just wanted to just post this about the EBMM Majesty. I just have to say "Wow!"

Being a long time player of Gibson's, followed by a few years of playing exclusively EVH gear. I picked up a Majesty about 2 weeks ago.

First off, I have to say.. When I first saw the advertisement, I wasn't sure what to think about it... It is a very unique design, and I can see why people might kind of tilt their head and get a little confused.. and then the more I saw them, the more I started to like them - until I finally just pulled the trigger on it, and I ordered one from Sweetwater.

I got it, and hands down the best guitar I've ever played in my life. The neck is the absolute most comfortable neck, it has all the bells and whistles and features a person could need... sounds good through both of my amps (5150 IIIS and Mesa Mark 25) - was setup beautifully out of the box, craftsmanship is top notch, I cannot say enough good things about it. I'm not a huge Dream Theatre fan (i like them, but they're not my favorite) but I respect John Petrucci for his ability, and his input on putting such a fine instrument together.

I'm pretty new to the Ernie Ball family, but I look forward to exploring into other guitars. I'm eyeing a tangerine JP6 next.

I'm sure this is nothing new to most of you guys, but I wanted to come sing praises anyways!

Thanks!

Last edited:

Gordo

I'm a Cert. Luthier and have handled many Ernie Ball basses and guitars....

I have to agree with you, I've never touched one that wasn't top notch craftsmanship and setup rather well!!

I'm new to the forum as well...

bhull

Welcome to the forums and congratz on owning a Majesty!

This would also be something of a New Guitar Day (NGD) post. That means we need pics!! ;)

rdg1

I'm curious about what EVH gear you were using before and if it let you down. And especially how the pickups compare between the majesty and the evh. Some people don't like the pickups on the majesty too much or the evhs.

I'm curious about what EVH gear you were using before and if it let you down. And especially how the pickups compare between the majesty and the evh. Some people don't like the pickups on the majesty too much or the evhs.

I bounce between USA Wolfgangs and Customs (The EVH Les Paul style) haven't messed much with the offshore models. I also prefer the hard tails to the floyds... I love the EVH Wolfgang pups, I put one in a gutted 76'' LP Custom, and used the FU-Tone PMS gadget.. and it woke the guitar up majorly... I found the EVH pickups don't like all my amps though, I never liked my Wolfgangs through any of the Mesa Mark series amps... no real particular reason, but I was never 100% happy with it.

TheGame

Congrats on your Majesty! What finish did you choose? I've been wanting a Majesty since they first came out but a few months ago it seemed everyone had them on backorder and I was impatient and bought a JP13 instead. I don't regret one bit getting a JP13, the guitar is a BEAST, but I still want a Majesty badly! Congrats!

koogie2k

Welcome to the Addiction! Got the itch for a new one....not sure yet on what I want though. Really leaning towards an AL SSS in white. Nice Majesty CodenameSpivey.

Tollywood

Welcome to the forum!

As an evh fan, you really should try an Albert Lee H-H, which has the same pickups as the evh/axis. The Albert's neck feels very similar to the Axis's neck. They come with an all rosewood neck, which feels amazing.

xjbebop

Welcome to the forum!

As an evh fan, you really should try an Albert Lee H-H, which has the same pickups as the evh/axis. The Albert's neck feels very similar to the Axis's neck. They come with an all rosewood neck, which feels amazing.

Warning: they are addictive...

9120.jpg

:D

Top Bottom