• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

Davus PG

I rarely post on forums, but have been a member on this one for quite a few years now and wanted to share my latest EBMM experience. At one point I had 4 EBMM guitars: a JP6, Axis Tribute, Luke 2 DD and a Silo but for various reasons - including the grass being greener - I sold them all in favour of more "traditional" brands and models.

Last week the opportunity arose to get a solid black Axis (my favourite colour) in mint condition for an absolute steal. I took the plunge and collected it yesterday on my way to band rehearsal.

It's in dire need of a setup, but I played it anyway. It took a couple of songs to get the feel of it and all I can say is what was I thinking letting the others I had go?

I've upgraded all of my gear since letting my original EB guitars go, so last night was the first time I'd played one through a true valve amp with quality effects. It sounded amazing. So much so that the other guitarist in the band has abandonned his plan of buying a Les Paul and is now looking at EB guitars for his next purchase.

I'm going to add a push/pull pot for coil splits as I use that a lot - unless anyone knows where to source push/push pots? But I'm over the moon with the guitar and can definitely see more Balls in my future...

jabba

I think your story is probably a familiar one to a lot of us. I've had over the years 2 albert lees, 2 silhouettes and a luke but sold them off over time for various reasons. I got a great deal on an Albert Lee HH from a fellow forum member so I picked it up and haven't looked back. EBMM guitars just feel better......

Davus PG

Thanks for the comments guys. Looking forward to racking up the hours on the Axis

Top Bottom