• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

ociosu

Hi!

Luis from Spain. My first thread here!

Just want to share with you a little mod I've just made to my Music Man Axis Super Sport (HH).
Although I love it, I was missing a true single coil sound from it.
I know there are two "strat-type" sounds out from positions 2 and 4, but although different sounds, they are somehow the same kind of nasal sound.

So in order to have a pure single coil sound I take a look at the wiring and see it was quite easy to get it, and even better, to try it without any modification...

It is possible to test the sound just connecting two terminals with a wire, (no soldering required) and if you like it, it is possible to make a permanent modification just cutting another wire.

At the end, instead of outer coils in paralell in position 2, you have neck outside pure single coil sound.
All the other 4 sounds remain the same.

Here you can see the details:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/hp27pzyeaq00ut7/Cableado.pdf?dl=0

Cheers!

Last edited:

Firesource

The former owner of my Axis took the quest for combining the Axis with single coils a little further:

Sounds great BTW! It's been my main guitar for almost two years now, and I love it more every day.

banjoplayer

The former owner of my Axis took the quest for combining the Axis with single coils a little further:

Sounds great BTW! It's been my main guitar for almost two years now, and I love it more every day.

this axe is so sweet!

This Axis SS are so cute and I think underrated

Top Bottom