• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

beej

Of the 4 ALs I have (3 SSS, 1 HH), the SSS Neptune Blue PDN is my favourite.

It's a touch brighter than my other SSS's, and the neck is superb. Overall it's just so 'tight' sounding. My first roasted neck with SS frets- I can definitely say it's more stable than most of the others I have. It hasn't needed a single tweak with the crazy humidity variations from winter to summer. I don't notice the frets so much.

Stratty316

Dude, I've been drooling over that one for a while. I love my HHAL and would highly suggest picking it up!

Magic Jason

Run for it while I let you!

I own an AL SSS PDN 2014 and the an AL HH PDN 2012. Previously owned a "regular" AL HH.

The best advice I can give you is to get this very guitar you posted a link to before I do!
I mean it : if I sell my luke III, I'll grab this one!

It might really be the ultimate guitar!

Magic Jason

It would need the coil splits to be the ultimate guitar...

I still wanna see a blueberry burst Al...

The coil split was indeed a nice option that was on my regular AL HH. ;)

I've seen the blueberryburst "Live" on Luke's guitar. (Great Toto concert!)

To me, the neptune blue is much nicer. I haven't seen ONE picture that truly shows how deep and beautiful that color really is!

Last edited:

sanderhermans

I own an AL SSS PDN 2014 and the an AL HH PDN 2012. Previously owned a "regular" AL HH.

The best advice I can give you is to get this very guitar you posted a link to before I do!
I mean it : if I sell my luke III, I'll grab this one!

It might really be the ultimate guitar!

Selling your luke 3? Ive been looking for one of those :)

Magic Jason

Luke III is a great guitar! You have seen mine, it's virtually new! But I 'm developping a addiction problem with AL's!!!!

Would be funny if all my MM ended together at your place! ;)

Make me an offer I can't refuse!

sanderhermans

Luke III is a great guitar! You have seen mine, it's virtually new! But I 'm developping a addiction problem with AL's!!!!

Would be funny if all my MM ended together at your place! ;)

Make me an offer I can't refuse!

Lol. I'm low on cash right now. But send me a pm what you want for it and we might figure something out...

coldsummer

Mmmmmm very tempted to buy that myself, it could well be the ultimate AL HH for me too!

Don't worry guys, I'm not in the buying mode at the moment but if I was it would be difficult to resist.

darchirnoj

DGT's have a very different voicing from the AL HH.
Fabulous, sweet guitars...but different...

Different? How so?
How would you describe the Albert?

It's hard because a lot of these places have a very limited window for returns; and then charge a re-stock fee.
I don't think that should be the case if I'm buying unseen.

Last edited:

xjbebop

Different? How so?
How would you describe the Albert?

It's hard because a lot of these places have a very limited window for returns; and then charge a re-stock fee.
I don't think that should be the case if I'm buying unseen.

I'm not very good with describing 'tone'. I would suggest watching some youtubes of each. Make sure to use decent speakers... a smart phone speaker won't cut it.

Here's a few decent examples of the AL HH:

There are lot's of vids on the DGT's. I won't post any here, but I highly recommend any of the Greg Koch/Wildwood samples.

Of course amps, mikes, effects and playing styles all effect the end result.

The DGT's have a certain vintage sweetness to them, whereas the AL HH is a bit more modern I suppose.
Both fabulous guitars. I love the voicing of my DGT's, but I actually play my AL's more, partly because I find them more comfortable. Plus my AL mm90 has become my #1, so there's that...:)

edhalen

I may have that very Guitar! The one I just bought came from a GC in Illinois>

I'll bet the one you received is from the GC in Arlington Heights, IL. If so it's a SSS. I had my eye on that one for a LONG time. Almost bought it this past spring. I took a ride up there to try it out. VERY nice. It was in really nice shape. Just needed a good cleaning. I really wanted an HH which is what I ended up getting (see avatar). THE perfect neck for me - which is why I wanted to play it even though the pickup config wasn't for me.

Top Bottom