• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

EricVera

Hey guys! What's up?

So that's basically it. I want to know what do I have to do to be part of the SBMM Artists?

I've been using Sterling by Music Man guitars since December 2009, I have a JP50-PRB. And I'm planning on buying 3 more models, a JP60-MGR, a JP100D-MKOA and a JP70-SBK (my first 7 string guitar ever haha)
They are really affordable (for me) easy to play and always deliver a great sound (I'm just waiting for them to arrive in my town)

It would be an honor to be part of the Family and I think that I don't lose anything just by asking this.

Also, I'm recording my first album in a few weeks (I'm exited about it)
And I want to know, Can I say that I proudly use SBMM guitars in it? I mean, on the Booklet?

Anyway, thanks for Reading guys. Peace. :)

The wizard

I think you can say whatever you like about you're gear on you're album credits.. Endorsed is about getting free guitars.. If this is you're first album I think you have some way to go..

EricVera

I ask this because I don't want any legal troubles about using the company's name on my album like I mentioned haha.

And I don't know who I should ask about the endorsement, that's why I posted it here. Anyway, thanks m8. :)

Johnny Alien

I think you can say whatever you like about you're gear on you're album credits.. Endorsed is about getting free guitars.. If this is you're first album I think you have some way to go..

Having endorsement deals is seldom about "free" stuff. There are often discounts but usually only the top tier guys get stuff for free.

Bob123

Im quite unsure how to deal with Ernie Ball, but here is how ibanez does it. Im sure it has some similiarities.

First, you make music. Play live shows, get your name out there even a little bit. When you start feeling solid, and are playing well, getting some acceptance in the online world... that will all help. You must have a repertoire and be performing live shows or be extremely popular on youtube.

Second, you make an artist package. This includes photos, videos of gigs, demo reels, etc. Ibanez has a fairly strict artist package requirement. Im sure ernie ball is no different.

Third... politely wait. Check up once a week. Think of it like a job application. Dont be a pest, but dont let it sit in a pile on someones desk to never be seen again either.

If you get declined, graciously accept youre not what they are looking for at this time. Then try again in 6-12 months. Musical styles have changed enormously in the past 3 years.

EricVera

I do, all of my songs have been recorded with SBMM guitars. I use them in All of my videos and photo shoots. :) I really love SBMM guitars. :) What guitar model do you have? ksandvik :)

EricVera

I'll give it a try. Because I alreday contacted the SBMM user as somebody suggested. And it's been a while and I haven't Heard from him. /: But I'll keep waiting. Thanks. :)

EricVera

Thanks Rob123, I've done it. A couple of weeks ago I contacted the SBMM user on this forum, and indeed he asked for my EPK. I'm only waiting to hear from him. I've read that (at Fender) you have to wait for 90 days. So, as you said, maybe it's no different. So, thank you man. I'll keep waiting. :)

SBMM

Eric - just to let you know I did get the EPK, and thank you for submitting it. Things are quite crazy-busy here and many MANY exciting things happening. We'll email you back in a timely manner. Thanks for your support of SBMM!

ksandvik

I do, all of my songs have been recorded with SBMM guitars. I use them in All of my videos and photo shoots. :) I really love SBMM guitars. :) What guitar model do you have? ksandvik :)

Three MusicMans and some odd stuff (Fenders, Ibanez.) Mostly using MusicMans for all gigs.

EricVera

Three MusicMans and some odd stuff (Fenders, Ibanez.) Mostly using MusicMans for all gigs.

Sweet! I had a Fender Strat, well... it was my dad's but he sold it. Thanks for sharing that info man. I appreciate it. :)

Top Bottom