• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

cjb

Hi all,

has anyone tried a tremol-no with the JP Majesty guitar?
I am mostly concerned about it fitting inside the spring cavity, without sticking out and therefore making wearing the guitar uncomfortable.

Also, does it work fine with the Majesty? any issues?

Thanks!!

cjb

Thanks, that's great.

I got one and installed it. I'm having a resonance issue though.
The tremol-no resonantes with the whole bridge with some notes/chords, which is kind of annoying (though it does not seem to affect what is picked up by the magnetic pickups or piezo).

Also, did anyone notice that the EBMM spring claw is angled? Does this improve tuning stability?

The holes for the spring claw screws are therefore angled, and the tremol-no is not supposed to be angled (though it works it seems). Does anyone know if this could hurt the guitar or have some undesired effects?
Basically, the tremol-no claw is not horizontal but angled slightly because of the screws.

PJ01

Good Day Sir. I just want to ask which type of tremol-no works with MusicMan Majesty 7? Thank You

vuduhwy

Thanks, that's great.

I got one and installed it. I'm having a resonance issue though.
The tremol-no resonantes with the whole bridge with some notes/chords, which is kind of annoying (though it does not seem to affect what is picked up by the magnetic pickups or piezo).

Also, did anyone notice that the EBMM spring claw is angled? Does this improve tuning stability?

The holes for the spring claw screws are therefore angled, and the tremol-no is not supposed to be angled (though it works it seems). Does anyone know if this could hurt the guitar or have some undesired effects?
Basically, the tremol-no claw is not horizontal but angled slightly because of the screws.

I had one of these on a Y2D that I ended up selling. The "resonation" that you refer to is a common trait to these. I call it a rattle. It's freakin annoying! Also. I couldn't put my trem cover plate on as the apparatus sticks out to far from the back.
Overall, it works like it says but that rattle can drive you nuts.

73watermutt

I have one on my Majesty and have no rattle issue. I modified my backplate to work with the tremol-no so it's easy to block and unblock on the fly.

73watermutt

I just cut the bars out of the backplate to make a square hole so I can access the thumb screws.

St8kout

About resonance: among Strat mods, making the tremelo a 'hard tail' was one of the recommended mods to actually give you MORE resonance. Seems some people use a block of hardwood to transfer the bridge sound into the body of the guitar. Just sayin.'

Top Bottom