• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

Morseman19

So yesterday I bought a BFR Luke III hss Blueberry burst. Gorgeous guitar, absolutely love every detail.. Except the Dot inlay. For me, after seeing the BFR logo on the 12 fret previous years, it made it Iconic. Now owning a BFR without the family shield, the guitar almost looks naked. It would be like Gibson doing a Les paul custom with dots.. To me, That little detail made a BFR stand apart from the standard. I wish it would have become a staple for the BFR series.
I didn't know if anyone else had seen this years run, and felt the same.

Tollywood

So yesterday I bought a BFR Luke III hss Blueberry burst. Gorgeous guitar, absolutely love every detail.. Except the Dot inlay. For me, after seeing the BFR logo on the 12 fret previous years, it made it Iconic. Now owning a BFR without the family shield, the guitar almost looks naked. It would be like Gibson doing a Les paul custom with dots.. To me, That little detail made a BFR stand apart from the standard. I wish it would have become a staple for the BFR series.
I didn't know if anyone else had seen this years run, and felt the same.

This is a polarizing topic. Some people love the shield, but more people didn't like it, so it was retired.
Here is some required reading, and a solution for you...

http://forums.ernieball.com/music-man-guitars/61153-when-did-inset-neck-plate-stop-why.html

http://forums.ernieball.com/music-man-guitars/57467-i-brought-back-sexy-ball-family-reserve-badge.html

Magic Jason

I'd never have bought my AL BFR if it had the BFR logo on the 12th fret!

As funny as it sounds, I can perfectly understand that it bothers you! Just the other way round!

grayn

I had a BFR Luke, with a 12th fret plate and looking back at pics of it, it didn't add much, IMO.

I think, in general, ornate fretboards look gimmicky and don't suit my tastes, at all.
The plate didn't ruin the looks of my Luke but it was just a little large.

Bryan

While we are talking......

I'd prefer the BFR logo to be "sideways" from where it is. I don't like it when you can't make out the logo while you're playing.

It gives you the impression that it's going to be on a stand more than it gets played...... And that's not right! lol

Like those Peavey MLB guitars. You know they don't intend on people playing those.

Top Bottom