• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan
W

W.Suitor

As a devoted Musicman guitar fan and multiple EBMM EVH model owner of past 20+ years ,I have become increasingly interested in finding out the earliest known example! I'd like to open proceedings with July 5th 1991, serial #80139 (Trans Black).

Jamie M

This one was on eBay last week and I have never seen an earlier example, there are a few 805.. Serial numbers around but I think beating the above will be hard.

Jamie M

I think it was also in Ireland and I have just noticed the OP is in Ireland, any connection?

Stratty316

Remember, the serial numbers are all randomized and the only way to tell the build date is by emailing CS.

Jamie M

The above has been confirmed by AJ and its the earliest I have seen so far

W

W.Suitor

Hi Jamie M, you are quite right!!! I am the new owner of said guitar! Couldn't be happier! It pre-dates my two other 80's (80725 and 80517, both trans reds) by three months!

W

W.Suitor

......I know it's not particularly important as ALL EBMM EVH's are exceptional guitars, made to be very consistent! I'm just curious that's all!

Jamie M

Hi Jamie M, you are quite right!!! I am the new owner of said guitar! Couldn't be happier! It pre-dates my two other 80's (80725 and 80517, both trans reds) by three months!

Congrats its a lovely axe I was trying to win that myself, I am glad it has gone to a forum member :)

lessthanone

I believe Brett at gilaguitars.com has the 3rd one made, Its one of his natural ones. If you go to his evh section its in the 3rd row down all the way to the left

dibart77

Not me... My oldest EVH (and actually the oldest of all my EBMM's) is from Feb 1, 1992.

steveh

I'd like to open proceedings with July 5th 1991, serial #80139 (Trans Black).

Just beat me to it - I have owned 80148 for many years; the final inspection paperwork in the case is dated 7th August 1991.

Mine does however still have the original plastic film on the back of the "tone" cavity cover - beat that! For whatever reason I never took it off.

IceCreMan

"Knuckleheads" is simply an old nickname for EBMM forumites (something Sterling Ball said many many years ago, no doubt channeling The Three Stooges). You sir, are a knucklehead. :)

Ahh... Thanks for the clarification.

Sincerely,

A newly enlightened Knucklehead. :D

Last edited:
Top Bottom