• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

Mu5icM@n

So I'm cleaning up dishes tonight and look over at the side of the sink...and there I see it. I've been pining for one of those 2007 limited edition bongo's since, well, 2007....

Ok Big Poppa, you gotta come clean now (so to speak)--is THIS the inspiration behind that color? :p

IMG_2262.jpg

metalarch

I remember that 4 string HS Dave LaRue Bongo, he uses it in a Joe Satriani DVD. It looked awesome.
He is now using a HH Bongo, but I don't know what blue color is it, but also looks great....

drTStingray

I'm the original owner of a 2007 blue dawn SR4HH - it's still my main gigging bass - sounds and looks great. And yeah you need a blue dawn Bongo :)

Mu5icM@n

Quit it drTStingray or I'm gonna have even more marital distress as a result of these basses than I already do....

But my Blue Dawn would look great on stage next to my Tangerine Pearl Bongo HS.

td

muggsy

I do love the look of a blue dawn Bongo. Pined for a single H for years after the initial run, but when it came back I wasn't in a position to make it happen. Fortunately, I was in better shape when the neptune blue PDNs w/roasted necks were offered. Now I'm good. But blue dawn still rocks.

dlb1001

Just bought an used Sterling HH at a local shop. It was in great shape...no dings in the finish or scratches, just a little dusty. Some wear on the pickguard. The only question that I have is, did the Sterling have a finish because the neck on the bass is very smooth and doesn't feel like the standard neck. Maybe the former owner had a finish put on it or just did a good job of coating with gunstock oil.
BTW, there was a Blue Dawn Bongo there, too.

sanderhermans

After years of playing the neck can get verry slick. And it may feel like a finished neck. I have experienced this on one of my sr4 basses i bought 2nd hand. I tought someonne had finished the neck but is was just verry smooth from hours of playing.

sjhiker

I would love to see a Blue Dawn SR 4HH with SLO & Roasted Neck. While the recent Neptune blue is close, it is no blue dawn. How I wish there were SLO necks back in 2007.

Top Bottom