• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

keith3394

Hi all,

Basically ready to purchase an Axis Super Sport but was wondering if you guys can tell me anything about this case the seller would be giving me please? I do not doubt the authenticity, haven't seen any fakes yet and the buyer is a complete nice guy. Any opinions would be helpful.

DSC06921.jpg DSC06923.jpg

Cheers guys.

Jamie M

I have the same case for my ASS, they are the older type cases I believe, now you get the black hard plastic ones. Great cases I prefer them to the current ones.

keith3394

DOB is November 21st 2006 I believe on this guitar.

Wow mate that was quick, how did you find that out? Thanks though! Out of curiosity, how do you guys verify the authenticity of Musicman guitars? I trust the seller but I'm just curious.

Jamie M

I can just tell by the photos!!!

Funnily enough I looked at buying this so I emailed AJ for the details, I recognised the photos, it is all genuine.

keith3394

AJ? I was talking to Kris on thefretboard. He is a nice guy anyhow. Since i will be joining the Music man family, I'm just pretty curious as to how to identify authentic Music Man instruments.

Jamie M

AJ is in Customer service on here, you send him a serial number of any EBMM instrument and he tells you when it was built.

Its the first thread on the forum board called Whats the production date of my guitar.

DrKev

Somewhere between Paris, Dublin, and Buffalo
EBMM serial numbers are not strictly sequential, even random depending on the period so the only way to know for sure is to ask EBMM to look it up in their database. Which is why we have the serial number thread.

Welcome to the family! :)

Jamie M

As long as EBMM recognise the serial number and it matches to the model and colour of the one you are looking to buy you are good to go. As I said Keith I looked at buying this before so I have been through the motions, it is a genuine Music man guitar.

Top Bottom