• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

Luke_EB

Ernie Ball Music Man presents Match the Master with John Petrucci. Win a private master class with John Petrucci, a VIP Dream Theater experience, and gear from Ernie Ball, Ernie Ball Music Man, Mesa Boogie, Fractal Audio Systems, Sterling by Music Man, TC Electronic, Dunlop, and DiMarzio.

To enter, you'll need to replay John Petrucci's riffs from Dream Theater's new album, The Astonishing. Upload a video of yourself matching John's playing on one or more of the ten provided clips. You only need to enter one riff, but your odds of winning the grand prize increase with more entries.

John will also pick 8 weekly winners for awesome prizes. And even if you don't want to submit riffs, you can still enter to win our fan sweepstakes with a prize package worth almost $5,000.

Buy Dream Theater's new album, The Astonishing, out now at Dream Theater

Mordimer

I recorded some videos too - I'm not even close to Eric's accuracy, clarity and speed of playing, but I feel like I've learnt more while practicing these riffs than during last two years of playing ;)
Even with no chance of winning - it was worth doing :)

My MTM channel.

TheShreddinHand

I recorded some videos too - I'm not even close to Eric's accuracy, clarity and speed of playing, but I feel like I've learnt more while practicing these riffs than during last two years of playing ;)
Even with no chance of winning - it was worth doing :)

My MTM channel.

Appreciate the kind words and you're takes are great as well! I know what you mean though, I don't spend much time transcribing and this has been great practice for me!

I got #8 up last night and hoping to finish the 7 string riffing tonight as I'm working on #'s 7 & 9!

Match the Master | Eric Mohring

TheShreddinHand

Alright guys, I finished them off and got all 10 up on my page. Really appreciate you guys taking the time to view them! Let me know if you had any questions. For all of them I used my RG752 with Dimarzios - ISP Decimator II - EVH5153 1x12 combo - Flashback Delay (in loop for lead riffs) - Nikon D5300 Camera (for audio and video capture).

Match the Master | Eric Mohring

Top Bottom