• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

Sweat

Thats a nice touch, JP's are not my cup of tea but that is very helpful tool for those who do love them:)

bhull

Awesome! I actually had made my own spec comparison sheet when I bought mine since none existed until now. I love the "Buy This" summaries.

I also just noticed you guys implemented a feature comparison function on the website. That's gonna be another extremely helpful tool for someone trying to make a decision on the varied options.

Just a friendly suggestion, you guys might want to make this information easily found by putting a link to it on the JP product pages.

joe web

great overview!!!

i think there is another small mistake...

JP6 BFR Color matches body with matching painted headstock

thought you no longer do matching headstock on the BFR...or do i misunderstand something?
regular BFRs have black headstock as far as i know.

and for the fingerboard, you could have written "roasted maple" on the JP15 instead of leaving it blank.

joe web

Your welcome! Just send me 1% $ of each JP that is sold :) or send me a Jp16 for free....:)

Btw. Luke, please re-read the JPXI description! You repeat the 20" in, to me, a strange context.

The JPXI neck is flatter than any previous models at a 20″ fretboard radius. at 20″.

And one more note:
Neck color on the bfr....Koa Tops comes with matching headstock :)

You guys should have made the Koa as a special bfr run of gave it an extra name to avoid misunderstandings ;)
E.g. Just like the Artisan Majesty

Last edited:

Dead-Eye

Very useful. I'm still looking for a new 7 string, and I sometimes get confused between the models.

One things I noticed with the JP16: "Retaining all the electronic features of the JP13 and JP15" - That may not be the best phrasing, because it doesn't have the piezo.

PraX

Thank you for this guide! I'm trying to decide on a JP15 or Majesty Artisan myself for my first JP.

johnnyboogie

Note 1:Neck width at the last fret for the JP13 7-string reads 61.9mm instead of 65.9mm, might that be a mistake?
Note 2: Original Majesty Hardware, also available in black by now, correct?
Note 3: Headstock size for the JPX reads 17.5cm instead of 14.9cm.
Note 4: Maybe a reference to the black hardware, matte finish, and ebony fretboard options available on the Stealth Black JP6?
Note 5: They weight estimations need a partial adjustment.

=)

Last edited:
Top Bottom