• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

bradfordws

Seriously, I have this big wonky F***** PJ5 that I hate. The Caprice is so sleek and cool-looking + a tad smaller than the P. I'd order a C5 in a second. Based on the Zero responses, I guess I'm the only one that wants one - dang!

bovinehost

Administrator
I'd be interested in a 5, but, so far, no one's saying anything about it so I assume.....

Meanwhile, if you want a better, more ergonomic 5er, there's a Bongo. But you have Sterling 5s. I think you're okay!

steevo

The sterling 5's are a monster.
The HH i have has so many different tones on hand and plays amazing.

4e7579076f9cac0161f62d6ee30a6ebd.jpg

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Grugenhagen

I would imagine they're waiting to see how the 4-string versions sell before deciding whether to make a 5-string version.

I can't wait for the Caprice to hit the showrooms. Hopefully, one of the local GCs will get one so I can try it out.

bradfordws

The sterling 5's are a monster.
The HH i have has so many different tones on hand and plays amazing.

4e7579076f9cac0161f62d6ee30a6ebd.jpg

Agree - I'm all over the Sterling 5s - well, all over my two H's - might pick up a HH again sometime. Nice Sterling BTW - a nice piece of ash.

Last edited:

bradfordws

I would imagine they're waiting to see how the 4-string versions sell before deciding whether to make a 5-string version.

I can't wait for the Caprice to hit the showrooms. Hopefully, one of the local GCs will get one so I can try it out.

Oh yeah, that would make sense - it took a while before the Sterling 5 was released. I'm looking forward to trying out the Caprice too.

steevo

Agree - I'm all over the Sterling 5s - well, all over my two H's - might pick up a HH again sometime. Nice Sterling BTW - a nice piece of ash.
Thanks, it is a beauty, saw it in my local store one day and couldnt walk out the shop without it. The versatility with the extra pickup just blew me away.
The caprice does look nice but i dont think id go back to a passive bass. Would love to try one though.

tbonesullivan

The problem I've always noticed with the 5 string basses is how to get around the split P-style pickup. Usually it's two identical half pickups, but with a 5 string that isn't possible.

GregP

If your interested, I just made a loop using my Caprice a few minutes ago. Everyday it seems, I fall more and more in love with it. I don't think there's a tone I can't get out of it. LOL =)
Silky Smooth Blues (Loop) by Greg P | Free Listening on SoundCloud

Last edited:

GregP

IMHO, the Caprice has the tonal qualities that would translate well into a 5 string variant. It has tight lows, focused low mids, and a high that cuts in a very pleasing(non-abrasive) way. I consider myself an intermediate player and that I can get such a warm yet focused tone so easily...speaks volumes about the instrument. My tone chain on my latest recording is a MXR preamp, MXR compressor, Electro-Harmonix Nano Looper 360, into a Scarlett 2i2. Oh and my secret Caprice settings...everything dimed ;-). It just floors me how it sounds so good with such a simple setup :) :) :)
Soulful Stacatto(Augmented With Harmonics) by Greg P | Free Listening on SoundCloud
27315860409_3f156317f9_k.jpg

Last edited:

cybersnyder

I too think it would be a great five string. My next bass will likely be a Caprice - holding to see if a fiver is announced at NAMM.

Top Bottom