• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

Tannay

Hi All,

I just purchase my Majesty in the beginning of this year. Guitar is a used one from 2015. I couldn't find information of similar problem that I have. Here is the issue,

One day I wanted to play my guitar. I found the sound in clean as in distortion mode very low in volume and it sounds like nothing will came out. And the sound fades away very fast. I thought it was a battery issue, but I replace it with fresh batteries. The Piezo system sounds fine and no problem at all. When switching back to pickups I had the same issues. The other day I just play with it again and this time switch fort and back with the 20db Boost knob. It looks like the sound came back and I thought how is this possible? But leaving the boost button on, the sound is very harsh and when not touching the strings the sound just keep playing when taking my hand of the strings. The sound also goes to very high peaks. It's like someone is taking his guitar close to a speaker and you can hear a very high sound. When turning the boost function off, it sounds normal. It's still a surprise how it will act in the comming period.

Not sure if this has to do with the output jack or something in the electronics. Has anyone the same problem? As I'm located in The Netherlands, I don't know Music Mans support address in Europe.

Thanks a lot.

Edit: Just try it again and the same problem again. Only Piezo working and the rest is low and sound fade awat quick.

Last edited:

beej

Your best bet is to reach out the customer service team- the link is in my signature. Email or call them on Monday (they're closed Fridays) and they can help you out.

Tannay

Thanks people from Ernie Ball! I also got a PM from someone at Ernie Ball. I'll keep in touch with this person. Thanks for offering help!

iraticus

How was this resolved. I just tried my Majesty Artisan for the first time and it is doing the same thing. Changed batteries 3 times, plugged in Cable, removed batteries, waited 10 mins+, inserted batteries. Play fine, for 1-2 mins, then magnetic pickups stopped, piezzo works just fine. Changing from bridge to neck pickup occasionally produces sound, but always fades or simply produces no sound. I will call and email company, just hoping to hear your issue was resolved.

Top Bottom