• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

Voodude

Hello everybody,

one idea I really like about the GC is to use for directly switching presets of my guitar effect processor via the 5way switch. But it seems to be not the easiest way to get it done. There are a few things that are not explaint in the FAQ or perhaps are buggy. Would be nice to here solutions for it:

1. How do I activate the Midi out (FAQ: via webapp....ok....)?

Ok, I figured out, that if I delete all entries under the midi in tab, the midi out commands are activated. The gamechanger now controls the presets 0-9 of my Alesis Microverb4. So far, so good. But is it supposed to be this way? It is very confusing, because I can not simply switch between the Midi out and in tabs and have to program one preset bank again and again, if I want to change between in and out. I did not found a simply switch for it? Is one there???

2. Midi out preset tab in web app is buggy...

In the web app under the midi out tab, changing midi out commands, for example from trigger A1 to "bank z up", is not possible. Whenever changing a command, after clicking somewhere else the command switches back to OFF (new entries) or back to the last trigger (existing presets). It is only possible to change the command type, cc# and so on for the triggers A1-B5. Is it a bug? How can I use the bank z up and down trigger in the midi out settings?

3. Midi out Z bank switch - does it not work or how does it work?

What is the midi out bank z up/down option in the bank z switch settings exactly doing??? None of my midi capable devices are reacting on it.

4. No reaction of my Gmajor2...

I can control the GC via Roland FC 300 Midiboard. Normally, I use the FC 300 with the same settings to control the presets of my beloved TC Gmajor2 and now want to use the GC to control the Gmajor2. But nothing happens. Same Midi Channel, same Program Change command - nothing. My old Microverb is responding, my Gmajor simply does not. How can I fix it?

Thanks for your advices and help

Voodude

letho12

In the web app under the midi out tab, changing midi out commands, for example from trigger A1 to "bank z up", is not possible. Whenever changing a command, after clicking somewhere else the command switches back to OFF (new entries) or back to the last trigger (existing presets). It is only possible to change the command type, cc# and so on for the triggers A1-B5. Is it a bug? How can I use the bank z up and down trigger in the midi out settings?

Voodude

It´s been an long time after my thread, there has been an update for the web app after it, and the main issues where solved. I still wonder, why I only get a e-mail from the support, but they do not post it here in the forums....still a lot of headroom for better and more efficient support work here.
Not solved is the question, why my Gmajor2 is not working directly with the gamechanger. At the moment, go through my Microverb in the Gmajor2, but there is a hugh lag in respond (nearly a second) - really not satisfying! If not the support, is someone out there, using the Gmajor2 as well? Same problems? Any idea how to fix this problems or is there midi through device that does not produce these lags?

Voodude

Top Bottom