• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

CodyWaggoner

JP colors/finish are pretty limited, so its really awesome when I come across something I haven't seen before! Lets see some custom or rare JP finishes!

I'll start it off with this bad boy! It belongs to Jason Richardson! uploadfromtaptalk1467823321066.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1467823341756.jpg

Sent from my N9518 using Tapatalk

kestrou

That's burled... something - what exact wood? Looks too light to be walnut, but I'm not sure exactly what wood we're talking about.

Is that a stock "made by EBMM" top?!

Kevin

MesaBeno

I was going to contribute that same one when I saw the title. IMO, that is nicest JP ever made. Would love to see something like that in a production model.

I've also seen different variations of the JPX; sparkle green, some sort of red (sprakle cinnamon red, I think?), and the Mystic Dream variation that was only available in Japan.

CodyWaggoner

I swear that I seen a tobacco burst JP on here. Can't remember who it was though. It was so awesome!

CodyWaggoner

Well the original BFR run had a tobacco burst finish, no? I think they then also did a tobacco burst PDN run?

Can anyone verify either statement?
Oh I did not know that! I've only been part of the JP family for about six months, so there's a lot left to learn for me!

CodyWaggoner

Those are beautiful! How does one come to own a custom?? You pretty much have to be an artist, right?

MesaBeno

Those are beautiful! How does one come to own a custom?? You pretty much have to be an artist, right?

Yep! That, or be lucky enough to find one that an artist has sold. I have seen quite a number of those floating around.

Saw this one on Facebook today:

13615293_10209260773733058_4417576708052771112_n.jpg

christheasian

yeah it's an artist only deal. 4 years ago when i started touring with chelsea grin, i never thought i'd own a custom. who would have thought determination and hard work actually pays off? lol
that stealth x is so sick

CodyWaggoner

yeah it's an artist only deal. 4 years ago when i started touring with chelsea grin, i never thought i'd own a custom. who would have thought determination and hard work actually pays off? lol
that stealth x is so sick
I recognize your jps. I think maybe from Facebook?? What band are you with currently?

Razzle

Custom colors to me are distinctly different than rare colors. Even rare colors aren't custom beyond a BFR run, no?

I don't think I've ever seen anyone customize their JP (i.e. paint it).

MikeVt

There have been lots of opportunities for rare and/or custom finishes over the years - short lived BFR colors, PDNs, Guitar Center special runs, hand signed runs, forum runs (the Dargies), NAMM samples, CLB auctions, and of course th artist prototypes and one-offs. As far as people customizing, there's been that too - Pete did a couple, there was a glow in the dark swirl that I think Norrin Radd did, then a few other 'refurbs'.

Mike

Last edited:

kestrou

Here's my Morse Y2D with custom spalted maple top and "proto-Y2D wiring":
morse-y2d-spalted.jpg

Seriously considering having another custom burled top done, but if Big Poppa would let me buy one made that way from the factory I'd like that even better! :)

Kevin

RAIN27

Here's my JPX12 BALI BURST...

Attachments

• IMG_0932.jpg
    IMG_0932.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 427
  • IMG_0930 (1).jpg
    IMG_0930 (1).jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 374

MikeVt

I've got a few repainted JPs and "rare" factory models, here's the one currently getting the most play time

Pete - what happened to the gold & green color changing one you painted several years ago? I thought it came out really cool.

Mike

Top Bottom