• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

AgustinJP50

Hi guys, just wanted to share something I found today.
Some of you who have been on this forum for some time might remember this rare 22 fret, maple topped JP6 with a fixed bridge: IMG_1991a.jpg Photo by Octavarius | Photobucket
I found a couple of interesting pictures today that I hadn't seen before (not even when this guitar was discussed), here they go:
Production: IMG_1920a.jpg Photo by Octavarius | Photobucket
So there was more than just one: IMG_1932a.jpg Photo by Octavarius | Photobucket
In case anyone missed it from the previous picture, notice the angled headstock: IMG_1925a.jpg Photo by Octavarius | Photobucket
And an angled headstock usually means... Tada!: IMG_1985a.jpg Photo by Octavarius | Photobucket
So the Armada was the first production neckthrough EBMM, but it wasn't their first attempt at one.
Wonder why JP chose to stick with the bolt-on instead of a neckthrough and then, years later, what made him think about a neckthrough design for the Majesty, having previously dismissed it.
What do you guys think about that guitar now? Did anybody know it was actually a neckthrough? Or am I the only one that's surprised about this?

dave1812

I've seen those Pics before. But I was wondering the same thing when the Majesty came out.
It would have been a cool Production Model though.

MikeVt

Yes - if it's the same one I think it is, it was an early prototype of a neck-through, with a diff scale as well. Those of us that went to the forum bash in 2005 got to handle it. It never went to production obviously. Here's a pic of me holding it....ugh...seems like a lifetime and a whole person's-worth of weight ago!

114_1457.jpg

Mike

GWDavis28

Yes - if it's the same one I think it is, it was an early prototype of a neck-through, with a diff scale as well. Those of us that went to the forum bash in 2005 got to handle it. It never went to production obviously. Here's a pic of me holding it....ugh...seems like a lifetime and a whole person's-worth of weight ago!

View attachment 30367

Mike

:eek: :eek: 2005!!!!!!!! :eek: :eek:

Glenn |B)

MikeVt

If I remember correctly it had a shorter 24.75" scale instead of the standard 25.5" on the rest of the EBMM line.

I think you're right, Pete. I remembered the scale difference too, but I didn't remember if it was shorter or longer. :)

Mike

PaoloGilberto

Romania ...that's a country ...in Europe :))
wooow
always wondered why JP did not choose from the beginning a neck through :D
and always dreamed of a neck through JP :)))
now I have the Majesty and love it, I sold other guitars I had after :)) (JP, Luke, JP Sterlings)
and consider now selling the JP7 for a Majesty 7 :))

MikeVt

Funny....I'm not a neck-through fan AT ALL. I much prefer bolt-ons. I just like the fact that the bolt-on neck can be replaced, repaired, etc...with a minimum of fuss.

Mike

Top Bottom