• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

Thunderfury

Hello,

Few days ago I bought Music Man JPXI from guitar store in UK. Courier arrived today and I was enjoying my JPXI until I find out that the nut is damaged (picture attached). What do you think I should do about it? Send it back to the store and ask for money back or maybe they can replace it with new one? Guitar is brand new with full warranty etc.

IMG_2332.jpg

Thunderfury

I called the store and they stated that they can order new guitar nut from official Ernie Ball distributor and replace it. They said that this is pretty straight forward job for someone who knows what to do. What do you think should I give them a shot? I'm afraid that during the exchange of nut they will make some damage to the lacquer or it won't be as stable as factory one.

PaoloGilberto

Romania ...that's a country ...in Europe :))
My suggestions is to return the guitar and buy a brand new one
you paid a looot for that guitar :)
I called the store and they stated that they can order new guitar nut from official Ernie Ball distributor and replace it. They said that this is pretty straight forward job for someone who knows what to do. What do you think should I give them a shot? I'm afraid that during the exchange of nut they will make some damage to the lacquer or it won't be as stable as factory one.

Spudmurphy

the nut is an easy replacement for a real good guitar tech. In the EU it is common for the fix to be made without sending the guitar back. you are fully covered - if the repair is not up to standard then you can still pursue under warranty conditions.

Flash Gordon

I was hesitant to open this thread for fear of what might lurk within... "Damaged Nut" :eek::D

I agree with above... Let the dealer repair it and if it isn't perfect, then return it for full refund/exchange.

Good luck!

Top Bottom