• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

jakedawgwhite88

I know there is a push pull pot mod to have both inside and outside coil splitting on the jp like the bfr. I have a jp7 and I never use the middle position. I would like to figure out what I could change in the present wiring to switch it. Dimarzio color code is north coil is red black, and south coil green white. I have the modern switch. Can I swap the two (obviously keeping the same organization of hot and ground) on the circuit board of the switch? I know it would change the electric flow when in series but would it make a difference? What are your thoughts?

PeteDuBaldo

Are you looking to rewire it so the outside coils are on in the middle position? I would probably remove the factory circuit board (with the labeled solder pads) and solder directly to the toggle, wiring it from scratch - It might be easier to simply replace the factory toggle with a new EP1111 toggle in case you ever decide to wire it back to factory specs.

http://www.dimarzio.com/sites/default/files/diagrams/2h1v1t_1ep1111series_B.pdf

Edit: the reason behind removing the circuit board and/or starting with a new toggle is because the EBMM factory wiring sends certain pads to ground when the toggle is in different positions.

Last edited:
Top Bottom