• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

jswilliams

No point here really, just in 20 years of buying and selling gear like a crazy person, I never did get around to trying any of these guitars.

Recently, I briefly owned a PRS just out of curiosity. It didn't really speak to me, but the trem was incredible - smoothest most stable trem I had ever used. I ended up unloading it but it got me researching for other guitars with reputations for smooth and stable trems. Music Man kept get mentioned.

So now I'm the owner of two lovely albert lee guitars (an HH and SSS). these are just great guitars. This is the kind of quality all guitars above 1k should have but usually don't. I really cannot find a single flaw with the design or construction. I also picked up a cutlass that I haven't gotten yet. I took this a bit far and will probably have to pare down the three to one or maybe two but it's a nice problem to have.

The end!

Cordarino

Don't worry, be happy! I made the same mistake out of necessity, EBMM guitars are not so common here in Italy. I've been playin' for 32 yrs and got my first one this year. Even my 1970 Les Paul Custom got no love from then.

jones4tone

Welcome jswilliams.

Got my first EBMM this year, now have three, and waiting (still!) for number 4 to be completed.

There's no way out...

Magic Jason

Same here. Bought and sold everything for 20 years.

Then got an AL, almost by accident, and lost the desire to play anything else.

I do not know yet if it's a blessing or a curse!

Razzle

I have several EBMMs and they mostly have tremolos and they're ALL very stable (stay in tune), even the JPs.

Funny.. I have a PRS that's nice, but the thing won't stay in tune for nothing. Even had a tech look at the nut, still no go.

Go with the EBMMs.

LesPaul

Welcome. My first year here as well. Got my first EBMM in July - Artisan Majesty 7. Got my second a couple of weeks ago - JP16-6. Totally hooked. Now I don't get along with anything but EBMM necks. Considered a PRS S2 CU24 for my 6 string option. Played it for 5 minutes and absolutely hated the neck. Then I picked up the JP16 and couldn't put it down.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

edhalen

Welcome and congrats! We have a saying around here. Pics or the guitars don't exist! :)

jswilliams

I have several EBMMs and they mostly have tremolos and they're ALL very stable (stay in tune), even the JPs.

Funny.. I have a PRS that's nice, but the thing won't stay in tune for nothing. Even had a tech look at the nut, still no go.

Go with the EBMMs.

The PRS I had was floating, any idea how the vintage/vintage modern type EBMM bridges take to floating? I'm not sure I want to mess with the setup but I might.

jswilliams

Welcome and congrats! We have a saying around here. Pics or the guitars don't exist! :)

well I guess only 1 out of 3 exists for now then...

9CFB738B-73D3-4609-9241-2D568538B17C_zps9cmheho3.jpg

Jamie M

Congrats. I got my first EBMM 8 years ago but I have wanted one since 1992.

steevo

The PRS I had was floating, any idea how the vintage/vintage modern type EBMM bridges take to floating? I'm not sure I want to mess with the setup but I might.
They stay in tune and they are very smooth. Just take a look at any toto/steve lukather video and see how he uses the trem, best unit ive ever had the pleasure of playing.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Lax

Had my first MMJP 15-16 years ago and never touched anything else than backup guitars, and only bought MM guitars since ^^ (4 of them total and I wish I had a majesty)
Sadly, I can't find affordable ones anymore in France, so the streak is broken for now.

Top Bottom