• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

jwp333

Somewhere I read an interview with Steve Morse where he commented on his old Tele frankenstein and the change that nylon saddles made to its tone. I took it to mean that the nylon saddles worked in a good way and it wasn't the same with the metal saddles.

So then I saw a Tonepros ABR replacement with their nylon saddles which they say are based on the old Gibson ABR that I assume Steve was talking about. Has anyone tried these on the Ernie Ball Morse model? I'm pretty happy with things as they are but I've had some saddle rattle at times. I may give the nylon saddle replacement a shot.

jwp333

I went ahead and bought a tonepros g-formula nylon abr bridge on reverb just to satisfy my own curiosity to see if it sounds any different than the stock one. I'll post my thoughts when I get it next week.

jwp333

IMG_0461.jpg

It's in as of this afternoon and I'm liking the sound. You'd think that it would soften it, but I'm not noticing that. Will continue to try it out.

banjoplayer

this is interesting. isn´t nylon a rather soft materiel? I´m curios how it deals with the tension of the strings

jwp333

Just read in latest Vintage Guitar magazine interview with Mr. Morse that he ordered a bridge with nylon saddles like he used with the Dregs in the old days for use in his EBMM guitar for the recent Dregs reunion shows.

banjoplayer

That´s interesting!

Another question: the tip of your pickup selector switch looks like on Steve´s guitar or like on the very old ones?
Do you have one of the olds or where did you get this switch from? Thanks!

jwp333

It's one that I bought used. I looked up the year once but I can't recall it now. It's a 6 screw neck so it's the original style. I assume the switches are all original but don't know that for certain.

BTw, I actually took the nylon bridge off of mine and put it on a different guitar. I went back to the original ABR bridge with the metal saddles.

I haven't pulled it out in a while. Might have to give it a go soon.

vuduhwy

It's one that I bought used. I looked up the year once but I can't recall it now. It's a 6 screw neck so it's the original style. I assume the switches are all original but don't know that for certain.

BTw, I actually took the nylon bridge off of mine and put it on a different guitar. I went back to the original ABR bridge with the metal saddles.

I haven't pulled it out in a while. Might have to give it a go soon.

I wish I could find another 6 bolt for sale......

Top Bottom