• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

varjao

For those who have or had EBMM JPs 7 strings, is it much different the neck of a JP11 or 12 from the JP7, given the difference in radius? I'm talking more about the back of the neck.

I have a JP12 7 and with 20" radius it's very thin, I like it but somethimes I think it's too much, I'd like to know if the JP7 gives a more rounded feel for the grip or if the differente is not that much, I'm considering a trade so I'm evaluating all details.

Thanks

christheasian

yeah the 15" radius on the original jp and the bfr are great. i sometimes think my 12 is too thin and flat. i think they really nailed it by going in the middle with 17"

ohbugger

If I'm not mistaken, the back of the neck shape has stayed consistent since the original JP model? The fretboard radius has changed throughout the years, like others have stated above.

And it seems like the thickness from 6 to 7 string models is also consistent, but as the 7 strings are obviously wider the neck feels flatter relatively speaking than the 6 string.

Mariner-aaron

If I'm not mistaken, the back of the neck shape has stayed consistent since the original JP model? The fretboard radius has changed throughout the years, like others have stated above.

And it seems like the thickness from 6 to 7 string models is also consistent, but as the 7 strings are obviously wider the neck feels flatter relatively speaking than the 6 string.

The back of neck on my 3 jp7's all are different but its not by much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

johnnyboogie

Owned both JP6 and JP7 in the past. Own JPXI, JP12 now. Back of the neck is relatively the same, main difference as you stated is the radius =)

varjao

Yeah I have 2 JP12, a 6 and a 7, obviously 20" radius feels a lot flatter but I think the 7 due to the wider neck gives more of that impression, I tested other 7's and it feels similar, no brand can go with a very rounded back of the neck on a 7 string or no one would be able to play.

Thanks

Top Bottom