• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

Twang Banger

I have a really nice MM Albert Lee SSS model with maple neck in metallic silver. I truly hate the color. Am I crazy for thinking about having it professionally repainted? I am pretty certain I will never be selling this guitar (or its evil twin my HH Albert Lee). So, resale is not a big issue.

Not sure if I want to do something subdued like shoreline gold, seafoam green or a sonic blue, or whether I want to get kind of wild with a fiesta red, metallic purple, aztec gold, etc.

Thoughts?

xjbebop

Absolutely go for it!
The hardest part is deciding which color will make you happy...for the long run.
imho - flashy fancy colors often thrill me at the moment, but it's easy to tire of them too (like your silver, which I dig...)
'classic' classy finishes are called 'classic' for a reason....

Post pics...before & after!!

agt

Sometimes a color we might not love can be seen in a different light when other things change the context. Have you considered changing some other aspects such as pickguard, knobs, switches, strap, and/or pickup covers?

GoKart Mozart

I'll third Marty Bell. If you look at the gallery on his website under the "Traditional" category, about halfway down is my old Sub1 that he painted Pagan Gold.

EDIT: Jeff, just noticed your brandywine silhouette on his page. too cool!

Last edited:

Twang Banger

Sometimes a color we might not love can be seen in a different light when other things change the context. Have you considered changing some other aspects such as pickguard, knobs, switches, strap, and/or pickup covers?

Definitely ... but nothing hides that (my opinion) hideous metallic silver!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Top Bottom