• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

Aragorn35016

Yep bought my 1st brand spanking new SR5 today. That being said I'm kind of an old timer to the MM world. I've owned ALOT of musicman basses in the last 14 years through trading and what not (im getting really old, I've been a member here since 04) and this is my 1st brand new I get to but all the dings on it myself stingray that I've ever bought, and I am super pumped! I got a great deal on it from N stuff, as I also bought an electric piano so my son could start lessons (and I could knock some rust off the ivory tickling myself). Ill probably string it up with some cobalt flats after the rounds die, as they are also my new favorite string (and I'm typically a rounds guy! )I can not wait for this thing to get here! The color, roasted neck, ebony board, and stainless frets are awesome!

Music Man Premier Dealer Network Stingray 5 HH - Starry Night

Golem

Yowza ! a Brand New instrument ... I have
heard of those. Always thought they were
just rumors ... but you say you got one :)

Frobie

From one ol timer to another and what happened..I looked around and suddenly I got old. Congrats on that beautiful bass. I have mine on order and am so looking forward to delivery mid year. Boy I can't wait..I finally bit the bullet after all these years and ordered an SR5HH..it's been a dream for many years to own an EBMM so come onnn June. Once again...well done and congratulations Aragorn. I couldn't wish for a better subject as my first post.

Aragorn35016

From one ol timer to another and what happened..I looked around and suddenly I got old. Congrats on that beautiful bass. I have mine on order and am so looking forward to delivery mid year. Boy I can't wait..I finally bit the bullet after all these years and ordered an SR5HH..it's been a dream for many years to own an EBMM so come onnn June. Once again...well done and congratulations Aragorn. I couldn't wish for a better subject as my first post.

Thanks! It arrived today and oh man is it beautiful! I had to go to my son's gymnastics practice, so I've had it out long enough to take the strings off, tune it back up, and plug it up long enough to make sure it works,so I'm sitting here texting at the gym counting the minutes until practice is over!

Aragorn35016

I assume PDN basses come with stock slinky strings (not cobalts)? I haven't used slinky's in years, and they sound really good, but when i took them off to wonderwipe the fretboard, all of them were twisted, and I think it screwed with the E an B a little bit. If i'm gonna replace them id like to maybe try the cobalt rounds (have cobalt flats on my jazz and love them!) does anyone know if the tension is the same between cobalt rounds and slinky rounds?

drTStingray

I assume PDN basses come with stock slinky strings (not cobalts)? I haven't used slinky's in years, and they sound really good, but when i took them off to wonderwipe the fretboard, all of them were twisted, and I think it screwed with the E an B a little bit. If i'm gonna replace them id like to maybe try the cobalt rounds (have cobalt flats on my jazz and love them!) does anyone know if the tension is the same between cobalt rounds and slinky rounds?

Yeah they seem similar tension to me. That said I have just put a set of pink pack Slinky rounds on my SR5, 125 to 40. All I can say is wow!! They really suit my playing and my natural/maple SR5.

Top Bottom