• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

texas2step

I'm considering a Cutlass but have been spoiled with the roasted neck and SS frets on my 2012 Luke II PDN. I'm not interested in the Starry Night PDN because I can't get past the sparkle finish and absence of fret markers.
So...Can someone tell me if a vintage white Cutlass with roasted neck and SS frets exists? If not does EB accept custom orders?

jones4tone

Cutlass has SS frets standard. You'll have to watch for a one-off from a guitar show, a PDN or other special run to track down the roasted neck, as they don't offer that option currently.

There is no EBMM custom shop option. They build customs only for their signed artists, it would seem.

TripHazard

Was that Gold one from NAMM roasted?
I know it's not vintage white but it looks neat. Pics in Pete Dubaldos NAMM photo thread

xjbebop

Call or email customer service. They will be able to tell you if one exist, and if so, who has it for sale.
They've done dealer searches for me before.
And be patient...likely to take them a few days.

texas2step

Thanks for the replies guys. It sounds like the roasted neck is the only feature I want that is not standard. I may be okay with the normal neck as long as the finish feels the same over the long term. What I like about the roasted neck, aside from the looks, is that it never loses that satin feel. Does anyone know if this is true for the standard neck finish?

PeterVV

Thanks for the replies guys. It sounds like the roasted neck is the only feature I want that is not standard. I may be okay with the normal neck as long as the finish feels the same over the long term. What I like about the roasted neck, aside from the looks, is that it never loses that satin feel. Does anyone know if this is true for the standard neck finish?

nO THE ROASTED MAPLE NECK IS THE WAX/OIL FINISH THE CUTLASS IS A SATIN POLY FINISH

Top Bottom