• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

lowtide

Hi all - first post. Thanks for having me.

In the market for a new guitar, and have always liked the AL HH. However, I'm having trouble finding one - new or used. The big online retailers seem to have pulled the listing. Has the product been discontinued or do I just need to look more?

beej

Really? It's still a production item and should be available anywhere. If you email the customer service folks, they can help you find one new in your area. (Link is in my signature.)

They also pop up used regularly. There's one right now in the guitars for sale thread. (Disclaimer: I'm selling that one.)

lowtide

Thanks for the suggestions. Will reach out to to MM. But seriously, no joke. All of the big online guys (not sure I'm allowed to post links, but you likely know who I'm referring to) have it listed anymore. All are 'no longer available at XYZ'.

edhalen

Check this one - a used one at GC. My last MM was this exact model and it's a tone monster! The color of this one is actually called Trans Walnut. Have them send you some more pics. The one here is awful. Also, their grading of the condition of their used stuff is VERY subjective. It may be in much better condition than what they have listed. More pics will tell the tale.

Used Ernie Ball Music Man Albert Lee Signature Tremolo Electric Guitar Maroon | Guitar Center

Last edited:

xjbebop

There are almost always a few used ones listed on GC used, and even more on Reverb.
I know...I'm always on the hunt... :)

*the one Beej has listed is gorgeous btw...

dalto

When I bought mine last year I gave up trying to find a new one in-stock configured the way I wanted so I just ordered one.

Used AL HH guitars are fairly available in the usual places you would search for used guitars.

SnowedIn

I called one of the big online retailers recently and was told that the Albert Lee HH models are now a special order item, meaning Music Man only builds them upon request. There is a 5-6 month wait, and this particular retailer (think sugar and water) won't allow returns due to it being a special order item.

jones4tone

I called one of the big online retailers recently and was told that the Albert Lee HH models are now a special order item, meaning Music Man only builds them upon request. There is a 5-6 month wait, and this particular retailer (think sugar and water) won't allow returns due to it being a special order item.

I believe every guitar from EBMM is a "special order" (or build-to-order) item where the factory is concerned, so what that means is that Sweetwater has decided not to order inventory units of that configuration in advance. But whatever they have in stock today (of any EBMM model) was ordered 3-4 months (typically, I believe) in advance of when it went into their on-hand inventory. The same is true for any other EBMM dealer.

EBMM doesn't want to hold an inventory of completed guitars themselves, or even an inventory of partially completed bodies or necks that aren't sold, so they build to order and ship to their dealers on completion. It's smart capital management on their part, I'd say.

Last edited:
Top Bottom