• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

Markx

***Stealing the not my new guitar day idea from u/jones4tone***

My wife has been very supportive of my GAS over the years. She didn't know who John Petrucci was when I met her and I still married her in spite of that. She has always dreamed of being a rock star and quickly fell in love with Dream Theater and John Petrucci. She wanted to learn to play guitar so I bought her a JP100D Koa. She was quite content until I purchased a JP15 Blueberry Burst and has been jealous ever since. The roasted maple neck was something that wasn't available on the Sterling guitars and the blue finish is stunning.

Watching the Winter NAMM 2017 coverage she noticed the Neptune Blue JP157. She spent days and nights dreaming of one of her own. I tricked her into thinking it only came in a 7 string and she was severely disappointed. Little did she know that I had plans. I ordered the JP150 for her the first day possible from Pete Dubaldo.

Dubaldo Music offers factory upgrades that saved me the hassle and time since I was going to do them anyway. The guitar shipped with Dimarzio Illuminator pickups/switch and JP chrome knobs.

I am blown away that you can buy a guitar at this price point that is such a fantastically built and sounding instrument. This guitar will bring her years of inspiration and joy. She is looking forward to taking it to the John Petrucci Guitar Universe in August. Thanks to Brian Martin for producing amazing instruments and to Pete Dubaldo for the most pleasant buying experience around.

Attachments

• IMG_0554.jpg
    IMG_0554.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 3,457
  • IMG_0550.jpg
    IMG_0550.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 2,030
  • IMG_0551.jpg
    IMG_0551.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 1,708
  • IMG_0552.jpg
    IMG_0552.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 933
  • IMG_0553.jpg
    IMG_0553.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 930

jones4tone

That's awesome, Markx! My bride tolerates my guitar fever, but has shown no signs of being personally afflicted. That's a good deal you have there...

spychocyco

Nice. I tried to teach my wife to play once. Didn't work out so well. :) Congrats on the guitar and a wife that shares your passion.

joe web

Keep in mind, they are purposely two different colors.

SBMM JP150 and JP157 are Neptune Blue
EBMM JP15 is Blueberry Burst

Subtle, but very different.

aaahhh, yes right...totally got it wrong on this!
neptune blue was the PDN14 run...way brighter, like it!
hurry up and send a bunch of them over to germany, and don't forget to add a few JP160 as well! :D

PeteDuBaldo

Fantastic shots! Thank you for the order and I'm glad she is enjoying the guitar. These guitars are a blast to work on and modify, I've got a few more for today and tomorrow. The next project is a Pearl White JP160 with Illuminators, black JP knobs & the JP toggle, which should look pretty smokin' once it's done.

frankencat

Congrats! I am seriously considering the modded JP157. Just waiting for Pete to push me over the edge. 🙂

Top Bottom