• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

Norrin Radd

Don't pick fights with other forum members. It's not that kind of place. Plenty of other forums thrive on that.

As to your issue - have you tried Reverb? Lots of times if you look at similar items they will show you a range of what they have been selling for. Also, have you tried posting your question on The Gear Page - that place is never short of opinions. I find eBay to be virtually worthless for this kind of inquiry though.

Good luck!

Rialas

Thanks, I'll check those sites out.

Honestly, I'm not picking a fight on anyone, and would never do that. I'm a member of a few forums, and treat everyone with respect.

I felt getting told off was a little heavy handed.

Norrin Radd

Fair enough, but let's let it go and get your guitar sold!

FWIW, a buddy of mine has had a lot of luck with Reverb. That would be my first choice. It can't hurt to post it there with a price YOU are comfortable with and see what happens.

Samoht

Reverb.com has a tool to help you figure out fair market price...I think, based on actual selling prices on reverb. I've never sold a guitar, but I did see that on reverb and wanted to pass along.

xjbebop

Another vote for Reverb. I've done a fair bit of business there, bought a number of used EBMM guitars from there, and have had great experiences. The folks who run it are very involved & committed to keeping it a safe and friendly place.
Some of the asking prices start rather high, so just keep that in mind...

Rialas

Another vote for Reverb. I've done a fair bit of business there, bought a number of used EBMM guitars from there, and have had great experiences. The folks who run it are very involved & committed to keeping it a safe and friendly place.
Some of the asking prices start rather high, so just keep that in mind...
Thanks, I think I'll give it a go. I've not been a member for long, and that's where I bought my latest guitar last night.
A bit nervous as the instrument is being sent from Japan. Fingers crossed.

beej

Locked one, and deleted the other.

It was a genuine question.

I'm neither desperate to sell, or even need to post here.
I'm sorry you feel slighted. I deleted your F/S post in the CL thread because we have a policy here that you pick one or the other - that info is in the top of those threads.

As for the locked thread, it smelled pretty spammy to me, and came hot on the heels of posting two other links for the same guitar. That's usually what people do when they want to advertise something they have for sale. I don't think I was rude about it.

I think if you're going to stick around here, you should give the moderators the benefit of the doubt rather than calling us out when you're upset. There's lots of cleanup we have to do around here to keep this place running smoothly.

TonyEVH5150

I do have occasional luck using eBay to search sold listings to get an idea for the prices that gear has been selling for. They're pretty much in line with Reverb. It doesn't hurt to check both sites for pricing.

I would sell it on Reverb though. It's been a better experience than eBay.

Rialas

I do have occasional luck using eBay to search sold listings to get an idea for the prices that gear has been selling for. They're pretty much in line with Reverb. It doesn't hurt to check both sites for pricing.

I would sell it on Reverb though. It's been a better experience than eBay.
Thanks Tony, I reduced the price slightly as recommended by a member here, and I've had a couple of enquiries so fingers crossed. Cheers.

Rialas

I'm sorry you feel slighted. I deleted your F/S post in the CL thread because we have a policy here that you pick one or the other - that info is in the top of those threads.

As for the locked thread, it smelled pretty spammy to me, and came hot on the heels of posting two other links for the same guitar. That's usually what people do when they want to advertise something they have for sale. I don't think I was rude about it.

I think if you're going to stick around here, you should give the moderators the benefit of the doubt rather than calling us out when you're upset. There's lots of cleanup we have to do around here to keep this place running smoothly.
Beej, you locked the thread and I wasn't able to give my side.

You felt it was spammy, but I honestly believe you shouldn't have come to that conclusion because I didn't just join here to sell a guitar. In fact it's the first time I have attempted to sell an instrument here after contributing to numerous posts after being a member for nearly two years now. I didn't see the "one or other" policy.

I hope the "if you want to stay around here" phrase isn't meant as it sounds, maybe I've taken that wrongly. Members want to feel as if they're part of a friendly community.

I'd like to forget and move on if possible.
Costa.

Rialas

Thanks Beej. I'm happy for you to lock or delete this post. Regards.

Top Bottom