• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

spychocyco

Found a piece I really like, and I'm thinking about picking up, even though I shouldn't. It's got one little beauty mark on the neck, though, that has me a little bit concerned. Anyone have any experience with a neck knot? This guitar is at least 15 years old and obviously hasn't caused a problem yet, but should I have any concerns about it causing problems down the road?

neckknot.jpg

CHill

Assuming you are referring to the 1 millimeter by 2 millimeter blemish, other than the look it will not be an issue structurally. Close eyes, play the guitar, should sound the same as when eyes are open. Cheers.

Stratty316

Found a piece I really like, and I'm thinking about picking up, even though I shouldn't. It's got one little beauty mark on the neck, though, that has me a little bit concerned. Anyone have any experience with a neck knot? This guitar is at least 15 years old and obviously hasn't caused a problem yet, but should I have any concerns about it causing problems down the road?

View attachment 31493

My Axis just turned 20 and it has a little beauty mark on the neck as well... never had an issue with it. My Silo Spec has one too... no issues there either.

Top Bottom