• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

Tuckerbomb

So I've got one of these original SUB1 guitars that I've been on the fence about keeping. And curiosity has me wondering where I can find official info.
I've read that only 1300 were built. Does anyone know how the serial numbers work on these? I'd like to find out how many were made in each configuration. Mine is Cinnamon, and only has one humbucker, though the body does have a "bathtub" rout. The pickguard is a black plastic, and not the diamond plate.
Who knows, there could have been a myriad of parts that they were working with, and I suppose it doesn't really matter. It is a cool guitar!

banjoplayer

Nice one, single Humbucker cinnamon - just like mine was before the SSS conversion. Cool colour!
Don´t know how many made, but generally they are rated very good. If you´re looking for another Pickguard, the Silo Special Pickguard will fit.
You will find plenty of infos here. Sterling Ball said once, they were loosing money with every one they made (US made guitar!). This was the reason becaus they were discontinued.
Don´t know about the serials but in the Serial-Thread you will get answers also for the SUB1

MikeVt

I don't THINK you'll find production numbers because that info is generally proprietary. Other than for very limited edition runs, the only time I've ever seen volume numbers was for the original Dargie. Others can correct me if I'm wrong. As far as the Sub, they were GREAT guitars. I LOVED that textured finish - it was impervious to smudges. Mine was a gray dual HB trem with diamondplate PG. I eventually sold it to a fellow forum member. Many of us loved the stock pups.

Mike

Tuckerbomb

Thanks for all the info guys. No, that pickup is a Dimarzio EVO I'm trying out. The original does sound pretty good, but I wanted to go hotter.

Top Bottom