• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

ALtone

New forum member. A few years ago I was close to buying an AL SSS, but bought another in what's been a long series of Strats. I've always been a Tele guy...but needed a Strat for specific stuff. My number one T-Style guitar is an Asher T-Deluxe. I'm considering an AL again because I think it might be the one SSS guitar that finally floats my boat.

Anyone been down this street before?

TripHazard

I was bewitched and bought mine blind from a forum member - HH model. It's my go to. Was strat man for years, but the Albert is king for me now. I have an SSS too. If you want to stay closer to tele ballpark go SSS.
Btw, AL himself currently favors a model with 2 p90 (MM90) pickups. Hoping it might make production
Anyway, I don't think you will be disappointed with an AL - versatile beauties

TripHazard

Albert Lee said on the FB group he was gonna talk to Sterling, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed. I'm hoping they might follow the petruci model and produce what he is playing. If they make it Magic Jason's head will explode - he won't be able to place the order quick enough. Especially in a dargie colour!

xjbebop

AS much as I would love that to happen, I ain't holding my breath.
But to beat a dead horse, I REALLY REALLY REALLY wish they'd offer a new AL with the St.V pups & electronics....

Magic Jason

But to beat a dead horse, I REALLY REALLY REALLY wish they'd offer a new AL with the St.V pups & electronics....

As much as I'd like an AL with ST V electronics, that won't happen because that is NOT what Mr Lee plays!

GWDavis28

If you really want that, buy both and combine the two.

I'm gonna hold out for the AL HHH, the perfect guitar for the JP electronics IMO.

AL%2BHHH%2Bstirling.jpg

AL%2BHHH.jpg

Glenn |B)

xjbebop

Hey, I called dibs on that blue one when they posted that a couple of years ago.... :)

boy, did this tread take a left turn or what? Sorry OP....

GWDavis28

The blue one was my favorite as well. The combination of neck and pickups and non-matching headstock are totally appealing to me.

I remember there was an issue with the super switch and finding one that was reliable enough, or something along those lines.

Glenn |B)

Top Bottom