• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

shahpur

Hi can anyone please give me some advice

I picked up a 1977 Musicman Stringray bass which is in good condition but is missing

bridge - pickup - Control panel ( and electrics ) - Ferrules

Does anyone know if the parts off Musicman Stingray Classic will fit the instrument as sourcing
seventies parts will be very expensive .

If the classic will not fit does anyone know where to source some suitable parts .

thanks in advance
s

Rod Trussbroken

Hi can anyone please give me some advice

I picked up a 1977 Musicman Stringray bass which is in good condition but is missing

bridge - pickup - Control panel ( and electrics ) - Ferrules

Does anyone know if the parts off Musicman Stingray Classic will fit the instrument as sourcing
seventies parts will be very expensive .

If the classic will not fit does anyone know where to source some suitable parts .

thanks in advance
s

RE Bridge. The earlier Pre-EB Basses had a problem with the strings rubbing up against the intonation screws. At the end of 1978 the string through holes on the bridge and body were moved a tad to the side to prevent it. That means that the string through holes on latter bridges will partially over lap the string through holes on the body of your bass. If you're prepared to widen the body holes then the Classic bridge will probably work but I'd also compare the distances between the side anchor bolt holes on your bass with the Classic bridge.

The Classic pickup, control plate and preamp will be ok.

Not sure what you mean by ferrules. If you mean machine head bushings then they should be ok but measure first.

shahpur

Thanks for taking the time out to reply.

The serial number is on the neck plate b007xx which I think dates it to 1977,

Do not really want to modify the body in case I do come across an original bridge . The parts were stripped on the bass as it was going to be refinished but were lost in transit according to the previous owner.

If I am unable to find a classic bridge is there any alternative which would fit ( same again for the pickup) , I am trying to get it to look period correct as possible within breaking the bank.

Thanks again

shahpur

Just an update finding parts for my 1977 stingray . I have found a suitable EQ and control panel - body ferrules but not a bridge .

Has anyone got a Classic who would be willing to measure the bridge anchor points and hole spacing as it will allow me to check if it would be suitable for my bass.

thanks

Top Bottom