• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

jds22

So the Cutlass I just got from GC has a big piece of what looks like packing tape on the back of the guitar. Underneath is a bar code and SN.

Once I remove that what should I use to remove any leftover residue?
I've used lighter fluid on acoustics after removing the pickguard with no ill effects.
Can I do the same with this guitar?

Thanks

jones4tone

Congrats on the new Cutlass!

I think that barcode is under material that I would describe as a "cling" rather than packing tape. (If what you're seeing is the one from the factory.) I've never had any residue to deal with after removal.

jds22

I think that barcode is under material that I would describe as a "cling" rather than packing tape. (If what you're seeing is the one from the factory.) I've never had any residue to deal with after removal.

You may be right. I'll work on this tonight after work.

So far I'm really liking this guitar. It also has a bit of fret sprout but hopefully that will clear up over the next few days. I have a humidifier running.

Thanks everybody.

jds22

You were right, just a cling type sticker. No residue.

Thanks again.

LesPaul

Pics or it doesn't exist. Just saying.....

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Top Bottom