• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

Jamie M

Hi Knuckleheads

I cannot contain my excitement any longer, in the next few weeks I will be a proud owner of a 1993 EVH Hardtail courtesy of forum Guru Spud Murphy. Photos to follow when it has arrived.

Spudmurphy

Now this is the second time someone has approached me and bought one of my guitars (alright, I know that I announced a while back that retirement was imminent and I would be selling off some of my stuff to fund my classic car project).

The first time i was approached a few years ago I sold my JP6 some of you stalwarts will remember that Fsmith got the guitar for me - fully loaded MD resprayed white with a broken toggle and piezo not working.
http://forums.ernieball.com/ernie-b...-jp-refurb-project.html?highlight=restoration
I eventually set out to get it back to original - and I did that - very proud of that work too!
... and now the second time I'm approached it is my EVH.

This was always gonna be sold - it was a little nest egg and believe me parts for Deloreans don't come cheap!!!
My EVH is a great example - a rare beast see the guitar in my sig below.

I sold my hardtail Albert a few weeks ago too.

So that leaves me with 2 Alberts and 2 original Musicman amps.
The LEAL will NEVER leave me - I love the BCB a lot - but money talks as they say.

Anyways just getting over my sellers remorse. Look after her mate - as I know you will.

I'll drive it to the midlands for you - tomorrow I'll contact Coventry Motor Museum to arrange a day and I'll work the delivery with you.

PS Ha! The CIC of the ALOC MbGreene (RIP) used to call me his Sergeant at Arms.
Now I'm a Forum Guru!!

PPS I don't think I'll ever get to 11000 posts on the Delorean forum

Last edited:

Jamie M

No worries Kev I will look after her. The EVH is my grail guitar and I am very happy that you sold it to me, for once I was in the right place at the right time:)

The sale will go towards the amazing Delorean project so everyone is a winner.

Jamie M

Evh

Unfortunately I couldn't meet Spud due to trapping a nerve in my neck which does not make for safe driving.
The deal has been done though and the EVH is now with me. She is a beauty. The photos do not do her justice. Kev is a gem and a pleasure to deal with. Happy birthday Spud :)

Attachments

• Capture.jpg
    Capture.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 241
  • IMG_3122.jpg
    IMG_3122.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 232
  • IMG_3123.JPG
    IMG_3123.JPG
    78.3 KB · Views: 239
  • IMG_3121.JPG
    IMG_3121.JPG
    78.9 KB · Views: 207

Spudmurphy

It's 11:30 ... the "day after".

It was my birthday yesterday and I've just got back home after my b'day celebs (dirty stop out!)
Yesterday was a good day for a drive - I was hoping to visit the Coventry Motor Museum where they have an example of my Delorean - mine was the last one built in the batch of 50 that WERE NOT exported to the USA/Canada - mine is one of the 50 exported to the United Arab Emirates (Dubai). Jamie is not too far from the museum and I was hoping to kill two birds with one stone. Instaed I had a "Birthday drive" to Upton on Severn - the home of the Upton Blues festival - played there a couple of times.

So the deed was done and the guitar has found a new home. Enjoy!!!

Wahoonc

Congrats, Jamie. Very nice EVH. And what a feel-good thread I general. Kudos to all.

Top Bottom