• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

PeteDuBaldo

and also installed DiMarzio Illuminators with a JP toggle! This was done by request on an out-of-warranty guitar.

After a very quick cut and buff the matte finish SBMM Majesty came to a nice gloss. Since this procedure is going to gloss right from a textured finish without being sanded smooth there are some small imperfections from the low spots in the matte when you get up close. I was very impressed with how nicely this one responded to the buffing wheel.

Don't be afraid to make your guitar work for you!

Before
SBMM-Majesty-JP-2.jpg

After
Buffed-Quarter.jpg

Buffed-Reflection.jpg

PeteDuBaldo

Slick- ready for the race track.

Very cool - now add racing stripes! :)

Kevin

I should be taking the '68 on its maiden voyage in 2-3 hours if all goes well after work - it has been a 14yr project with life getting in the way of having fun! It doesn't have racing stripes (yet) but I'll be taking it on a few roadrace tracks this summer.

Back on topic, I used the extra buffing products from the car for this guitar and it worked like a charm.

kestrou

I should be taking the '68 on its maiden voyage in 2-3 hours if all goes well after work - it has been a 14yr project with life getting in the way of having fun! It doesn't have racing stripes (yet) but I'll be taking it on a few roadrace tracks this summer.

Back on topic, I used the extra buffing products from the car for this guitar and it worked like a charm.

Pics or... :)

Kevin

PeteDuBaldo

Limerock Pete??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes I hope so!

'68 ??? Mustang (I hope...love stangs)? GTO? Chevelle?

The buff job looks fabulous!

Cuda! 383 six pack, 4spd, notchback, black. Drove it for the first time yesterday, around 20 miles to get home from the shop. No major issues so I'll be wet sanding/buffing this afternoon.

PeteDuBaldo

Cuda....OUTstanding!!!
What color?
* sneak a pic on here pleez. :)

Here's a "before" shot. Once the buffing is done I'll have a shot of the finished project, or email me for current pics - it was a great experience for me learning how to weld (essentially the floors & back half of the car are new), deciding on what suspension to install for the best handling, picking out brakes, restoring the instrument cluster, re-upholstering the interior of the car on my dining room table, etc. Previously I had only done a few engine builds in other cars.

17493158_10154962992158787_5926798886181629221_o.jpg

Top Bottom