• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

mynan

A friend of mine has a SLO Special with the 2-band eq. There are no center detents for the bass and treble controls. I read on musicmanbass.org that it is believed that the pre-eb treble control is cut/boost and the bass control is boost-only, but that is the only thing I can find on the subject.

Can anyone tell me what the treble/bass controls on my friend's 'Ray do? Are they both cut/boost or boost-only, or is the treble boost/cut and bass boost-only?

I tried to use the forum search, but didn't find anything.

mynan

Ed Friedland says they are both cut/boost on the Classic 'Ray. I'll assume that he's correct and that it's the same for the regular 'Ray 2-band.

Paco Maraca

I recorded my 1989 2-band versus my 2012 3-band. When maxed they both show the same boost in bass and treble. The 2-band with controls at zero has definitively less bass than the 3-band with treble at min and bass at Center. So I agree with Ed. However, the 2-band at min seems to still have (little) more bass than the 3-band, so I understand why you could think that bass on a 2-band is boost only. If you are interested, I can upload the recordings to Soundcloud.

Top Bottom