• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

QuietSpike

As some of you know, I am a Christian guitarist for hire... so here is a video of a recent gig I did in Coachella Valley, CA, opening for Miel San Marcos (a well known Latino Christian group). The group is all Spanish-speaking, which I only speak very little, and some of the in-ear cues were in Spanish as well... which took some getting used to!

I'm running into an AX8, stereo direct to PA, and tethered to an in-ear system, so I can't move much!

No shredding in this vid, but it shows the versatility of EBMM instruments-- the JP15 is the most versatile guitar I've ever played, and the best (IMO) iteration of the JP line. For what I do, having a piezo, coil split, and humbucking options means I can get any sound out of that guitar. It's not just for shredding!

That said, I also have what appears to be the LAST Valentine in Starry Night coming from Pete DuBaldo in a week or so (thanks for the hookup, AJ!!). So stoked. :)

Enjoy the video...

Comments

Wahoonc

Nice, Spike! They need to bring you forward in the mix, dude. Was this a one shot deal or are you playing more gigs out West?

kestrou

Pretty high production quality on that video - and had some great shots of you with the BB/JP.

How you digging that AX8? Sounded good from here!

Kevin

QuietSpike

Thanks gents.

Wahoo- moved to Coachella Valley a few months ago. Out here permanently now.

Kevin- love the AX8. Sometimes miss the "feel" of an amp (although that is mostly in my head), but love being able to go to any gig/venue- large or small/recording and just need the AX8. That is worth a lot.

Wahoonc

Thanks gents.

Wahoo- moved to Coachella Valley a few months ago. Out here permanently now.

Time and space are no joke. I was thinking we could finally get together with the gits after all of this time. Congrats on the move and the gig. Good to hear you're doing well. And bummed you're on the other coast now.

KevTN

Good deal....congrats! When I could hear you you were dead on...

kestrou

Kevin- love the AX8. Sometimes miss the "feel" of an amp (although that is mostly in my head), but love being able to go to any gig/venue- large or small/recording and just need the AX8. That is worth a lot.

I have an Axe/FX II - the AX8 seems like the next logical choice...

Kevin

Top Bottom