• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

JayDawg

Back in November I went to Guitar Center and traded in all of my guitars from the previous guitar company that I worked for, mainly on several Music Man basses and guitars. Right before my 45 Day money back guarantee ended, Music Man announced the release of the 30th Anniversary Stingray 5. I totally fell in love with the bass and had to have one. It had a roasted neck and I love those! I called my sales guy at Guitar Center and told him one of the guitars would have to go back and asked if he could order the 30th Anniversary bass for me before my 45 days was up. He did and told me to keep the guitar at my house and we would do the exchange when the bass came in. The Guitar Center is 3 hours from my house and he wanted to save me the 6 hour round trip. The bass came in much faster than expected, 2 weeks ago but I wasn't able to get to the store until yesterday. We did the exchange and when I opened the case, was stunned! The bass blew me away. Pictures do not do this one justice at all. It also sound freaking incredible. I will never sell this bass! It is by far, my favorite Stingray 5 that I now own. I will post video later, comparing it to a standard Stingray 5 H and post some detailed photos as well.

JayDawg

Here is a video I did comparing the 30th Anniversary to a standard Stingray 5. During the playing part, please excuse the poor audio as it was recorded from a cell phone. I'm in the middle of buying more gear for recording videos, to make the quality better. Also pardon the bad playing on my part. I just started playing 5 string in November and still have only played a few times since then due to numerous hospitalizations and 1 surgery. Also, almost all of my 4 string basses for 30 plus years have had thinner necks so playing on a fatter neck with an extra string has me sounding awful right now. I normally don't sound this bad when I play.

Music Man 30th Anniversary Stingray 5 vs Music Man Stingray 5. - YouTube

JayDawg

Thanks guy. I cannot stop playing this bass. I absolutely love it. This is honestly, probably my favorite Music Man bass that I have ever owned. Sterling and co. You guys really did do a fantastic job on these basses. Seriously, I will never sell this bass.

five7

Thanks guy. I cannot stop playing this bass. I absolutely love it. This is honestly, probably my favorite Music Man bass that I have ever owned. Sterling and co. You guys really did do a fantastic job on these basses. Seriously, I will never sell this bass.

Well if you do, please sell it to me. The binding really sets it off.

Movielife

Fantastic bass. That is the one bass that is currently on my radar; I have so many good basses I just try to ignore new things now to save for a house etc, but the 30th SR5 looks amazing.

BTW - you guys have one amazing return period! Here in the UK despite the Distance Selling Regs, etc, we still have guitar stores that give you grief if you don't like something you have ordered.

JayDawg

Fantastic bass. That is the one bass that is currently on my radar; I have so many good basses I just try to ignore new things now to save for a house etc, but the 30th SR5 looks amazing.

BTW - you guys have one amazing return period! Here in the UK despite the Distance Selling Regs, etc, we still have guitar stores that give you grief if you don't like something you have ordered.

With the Guitar Center I go to, I have bought a lot of things from them. In November, I traded in 20k of Zane Guitars that were my demo guitars. I was given 10k for them but also have a 20% discount. I traded all of the guitars in on a lot of Music Man guitars and basses as well as a few other brands and other gear I needed. This Guitar Center has always treated me good but because I have done so many large purchases with them, and the manager and assistant manager know me well and knew I live 3 hours away, they once again provided excellent customer service. That is also why I keep going back to them.

Top Bottom