• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

BongoPeg

Hey everyone, I'm an old user here... Haven't posted in probably a couple years but I have some questions for those of you more knowledgeable than I. (if I'm allowed to do that, I forget :S)

About 5 years ago I picked up an Audiophile rig from a guy in Calgary, Canada. The HD-500 head with HD-210 cab and HD-212 cab. (pic included)
Edit: and the footswitch pedal and road case for the head.

So, this thing rocks. Could not be happier with the sound I get through it with my Bongos. But I need to downsize. It's more than I need.

Is there a demand for this rig or the pieces? I don't even know what it's worth these days. I'd like to give it a good home, but I'm so far out of the loop these days. Any advice?

Also let me know if I broke a rule because I feel like I might have.
e5120f757f33da88576278773db9db4a.jpg

Last edited:

bovinehost

Administrator
No rules broken as far as I know.

I don't think there's a big collector's market for those bits, which is a shame. I've had a couple of the cabinets and loved them even if they were a bit heavy for a dedicated Markbass guy. I wish I'd kept one, in fact - the 212 cabinet was definitely a favorite, and if I had it to do all over again, I'd keep it just for here at the house.

The amps are great, too. If I were you and wanted to sell, I'd try Talkbass and see what the market says. FWIW, when the cabinets were discontinued, EBMM was selling the 212s for about 3 bills new. The rest of the rig, who knows.

BongoPeg

Good to know.

They are fantastic sounding. I just need to be more mobile and the cabs are rather heavy. Markbass is definitely on the list for a replacement. Might even keep the head but I'd rather not brea

Top Bottom