• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

bovinehost

Administrator
In the olden days of the forum, back before we understood that the internet was a series of tubes and could get clogged up purdy good, when we occasionally got together in large gatherings (thanks, BP!) or even small gatherings (that was usually at my house) and used the occasional 'bad word' because no one knew we even hung out here, there was always THE WAITING.

I'd be waiting for this, ArmyBass would be waiting for that, meanwhile there were 80 or 90 trade deals pending and it was all pretty exciting (not for wives).

So today's question is, just like in the title, "What are you waiting for?"

I got a lot of stuff I'm jonesin' for (PURPLE BONGO) but have to be more careful with bass money than I used to be, so that sucks but i do have this one thing in the works.

But let's see what everyone else is expecting.

Go.

Jack

jlepre

Ever since the birth of my daughter in 2009, I've been very frugal (that's cheap for you youngins) with my bass equipment purchases. I haven't bought a new EBMM since then. I have had a few used, but nothing to order. I'm currently enjoying my recently acquired 2014 PDN Bongo 5. This thing plays and sounds great. I may have to keep this one for while.
FB_IMG_1492181761638.jpg received_1369811833068452.jpg

ivbenaplayin

I'm waiting on the next batch of Dargie's Delights... I'm hoping that they have roasted necks.

armybass

Colonial Heights, Virginia, United States
I am always down.... I am currently waiting on my very own... Brand Spanking New Stingray Classic, Natural Maple. It will be the sister to my Classic Sabre in the same color combo. I am also jonesing for a Sterling 5.... and and and

Golem

I keep my eye out for 5-knob FL Sterlings and SRs.
OTOH, I already have quite few, but since MM has
now dropped the 5-knob [aka "piezo"] option, my
knee jerk response was to buy the next one that I
encountered. Having quite unnecessarily done that,
I guess I'm set. A Boingo HS4p-FL might turn my
head [already playing a 1Hp FL ... way yummy ! ]

kinopah

Definitely waiting for those Coral Red Cutlass/Caprice to hit stores. I don't have an active plan to save for one, but I imagine I will as soon as they're out there.

armybass

There are so many options that it is difficult to decide. I love the Classic Series and really wanted a Classic Stingray 5 but I am a HUGE SR5 fan and like the original SR5 design so that was tough.... had to start with a Classic Ray 4 and a Standard SR5. Got my NEW 3 band Stingray at the end of the summer. That bass continues to impress me nd makes me want more of the same. The two Classic Sabre's were just the icing on top. I lucked into those.

b-unit

I am hoping to land a fretless lefty SR4 or 5 at some point. A "blank plank" Ray is calling my name!

Movielife

I have a large collection! I would like more in terms of EBMM guitars, and I do like the 30th Anniversary SR5...what a thing of beauty, but, and this is just how things are in the UK since we decided to leave the EU (rolling my eyes, trying not be political) the £ has tanked SO badly that the pricing on a lot of imported products has gone insane over here. Not to mention CITES.....

So, buying imported American instruments has taken a backseat for me for now. I'll be back for a Valentine or St Vincent guitar once things sort themselves out. Sorry EBMM...I know you have ZERO control over all of this.

bdgotoh

I'm waiting for another mahogany body/roasted neck PDN offering. I want a mahogany bodied Sterling HH 4!

bovinehost

Administrator
From the "Now It Can Almost Be Told" files: conversations with Dargin about a Caprice led to some interesting thoughts on paint. Now, left to my own devices, I'd go purple sparkle or some such gaudy thing. Dargin seldom offers advice, really, which sometimes I love about him, not always but mostly I do. Long ago, we were having an exchange about a bass I thought I wanted, and he said, "Let me just build you one." And that build was the coWpilot Utility Bass, the red Bongo 5H which has been my security blanket for - ten years? Maybe longer than that. Definitely longer than that, because it was already my go-to bass in 2006, when everyone from EBMM and a few others signed it with a Sharpie.

So Dargie has convinced me that his ideas about a unique paint scheme for my future Caprice is better than purple Sparkle.

Hard to imagine 'better than purple sparkle', isn't it?

More as we get closer to fruition.

overtime

Well with 9 children and still having 6 of those at home....talking my wife into another bass after owning 9 musicman basses was a little more difficult.....but along came that special musicman bass i wanted (thanks big poppa) i pulled the trigger on a 30th anniversary stingray 5 as soon as it was available....now the wait.🤘

armybass

I will probably be ordering another bass once my Classic Stingray arrives this summer.... it will either be a Sterling 5 or another SR5.... I am addicted to SR5's but I really want a Sterling 5. Leaning heavily towards Sterling 5 Natural Ash, Maple, black PG...... oooooh I get all wobbly just thinking about it!

Last edited:
Top Bottom