• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

acwild

I referred to the official website and have a couple of questions.
One of the guitars that I'm thinking about stringing up with Paradigms has a Floyd Rose bridge. Would clipping the ball end off affect the warranty? Also, would that negate a lot of the advertised strength as I wouldn't have the reinforced part?
Second, I had a terrible experience using stainless steel strings as they visibly wore my frets within a week of use. Does this new process make the strings harder on regular frets?

Luke_EB

I went right to the source and asked our head string engineer. Here's what he said:

"No issues with fret wear. No issues with warranty. No loss in string strength from clipping the ball end."

You're good to go.

flyingvluvr

I have 3 guitars with Floyds, and I use the EB Cobalts for those. The windings @ the ball ends of the Cobalts aren't very reinforced, so I have no problem cutting the ball ends off of those.

On my other guitars, I use the M-Steels which have very good reinforcement at the ball ends of the plain strings.

Not sure if I'm going to try the Paradigms, I'm pretty satisfied with the M-Steels.

Last edited:

acwild

Thanks for the info! My son put a set on his guitar and they feel and sound like the strings that I'm used to, only with the added security of more reliability. I'm sold.
Very much appreciated!

Top Bottom