• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

gelvo

A picture tells a thousand words, a video tells it all.

This is video is of the actual day that I picked my guitar up, the shop allowed me to film this unboxing within their store.

MikeVt

LOL...first EBMM? Unboxing fail. The EMMM boxes open at the end.

Just messin' with ya. Sincere congrats, and welcome to the Cutlass club!

Mike

Jmm

Hello,first post-I also have a noisy Cutlass,but have been dealing with it as with all SC passive guitars I have owned...it is a great instrument,just a bit baffled by it's not being at all what I would call silent.

beej

It's not supposed to be silent- it has passive pickups and a noise reduction coil. The overall effect is less noise than the single coils alone, but nowhere near what it would be with noiseless pickups.

Jmm

That's cool,though when I rang them up they seemed to think it should perform better than what I was describing...i will prob send it in for a check,though it is hard when you want to use it!

DrKev

Somewhere between Paris, Dublin, and Buffalo
Depends entirely on the noise source. Low frequency "true" 50/60 cycle hum is greatly reduced. Noise from other sources at higher frequencies is reduced but still there (as is the case with most similar systems on the market). Also remember it's factory set but there is an adjustment pot, so you could try dialling it in yourself.

Jmm

Yep,I have had it open a few times to adj...no biggie,they will get me sorted if I send it in.Really good guitar! Btw,I meant to post this in 'noisy cutlass' thread-posting on a smartphone late at night is not always the best method.

Last edited:
Top Bottom