• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

assMan

Hi All,
It's been a very long time since posting, but I have been enjoying my Balls. Lately I've been gassing for a Valentine. Not sure what color, but I really like the lines of the guitar and love what I've heard so far on the webs. Anybody have thoughts/experience with this piece that they'd like to share? I'm kinda hoping it sits on the tele side of the equation. Also wondering the neck shape compared to the AL.
Thanks!

Astrofreq

I completely LOVE my Valentine (pun intended). It certainly is more 'tele' sounding than 'strat', but with WAY more variation and ballz. The 20db boost just kicks it into overdrive on its own. It is such the different and needed sound for what I wanted.

No quack, all spank with this guitar. Do it. You won't regret it.

Also, I haven't played an AL, but I'm an Axis guy all day long and this neck feels as wonderful as those do. I can't tell you dimensions or any of that mathematic razzmatazz, but it is round enough for my liking.

QuietSpike

Just got my Valentine (Starry night... believed to be the last one made)

I love it. Tones for days... so smooth in the neck position, spank Tele style bridge.

Neck is smooth, but can't compare to AL (never owned one).

Seriously, I love this guitar. It is a home run.

RichieZ

Love mine. Haven't found a sound yet that I can't get out of it. Feels very nice... just very well thought out and put together. Whether James Valentine is on your radar or not, there's no question he took the opportunity seriously, and put a lot of effort into working with the team to get this right. As far as the neck, I posted some measurement pics on a similar thread:

http://forums.ernieball.com/ernie-b...ines-neck-profile.html?highlight=#post1004938

Perhaps you can compare to your AL to get some idea of it. Other posts on that thread might also be helpful.

assMan

Ok. So far so good. Anyone else have thoughts? Would love to see a pic of the starry night. I kinda like the white one myself.

xjbebop

I've not played a Ebmm Valentine (yet...), but I have owned a Sbmm Valentine for awhile now.
I also own & play a number of ALs, which are my #1 go to.
I "assume" the SBMM has the same neck carve as the EBMM ???
The neck on my Sbmm feels -very- much the same as my AL's from the body to about the 3rd fret area, where the Valentine transitions to a very soft "V" before the headstock. The AL neck is consistent the full length.
I'm not a fan of harder "V" shaped necks (which is why I let my fabulous LIII go...), but this Valentine neck doesn't bother me at all. I like it!

elmoreh13

I have quite a few Fenders and this is my first EBMM. I picked up the trans buttermilk, and the thing is just ridiculously good. You will absolutely love everything about it. You will still love all of your Fenders, and I will say the EBMM will make you love your Fenders even more.

What I mean is the EBMM is so good, it's got it's own thing and will make you really appreciate your Fenders too. You will feel like you have a really well rounded group of guitars for you sounds and work.

I will say the neck on this thing is the beez kneez! All the tones are incredible and it plays like a dream. I cannot say enough about EBMM and this guitar just flies below the radar.

Get one and you will be a fan forever. Rock on!

QuietSpike

Aaaahhhh. Just saw pics from earlier post, Spike. WowWowWow!

Yeah dude... this thing is stunning. Never want to put it down.

My Friday night-- quiet evening, just me and her... getting ready for gigs this weekend. Lionel Ritchie style.... "all night long" :)

mistercharlie

It has enough Tele in it that you might not need a Tele.

The neck is amazing. It's shallower than the St Vincent neck (which is the same as the AL I believe), and more comfy because of it. Friends who have played mine rave about the neck on the Valentine.

I ❤️ mine

Top Bottom