• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

Jason2112

I'll preface this by saying it's good (really good) to be back in the EBMM family. I sold both of my EBMMs back in 2011 I believe. Since then I've bought and sold way more guitars than I care to remember, mostly as a hobby but I also built my business on it as well. I recently had some major changes in my life and I've been re-evaluating many things that are important to me, putting music writing/composing as a higher priority. I have fond memories of my EBMMs and couldn't pass up the deal on this beauty.

So, here we have an '02 Petrucci in Silver Sparkle. My first JP and I still can't believe I bought it. I had always avoided the JP models - I didn't like the placement of the pickup switch, I thought the neck was too thin, and I normally don't like floating trems for daily use. I also wasn't a fan of the CrunchLab/Liquifire pickups for anything other than high gain metal. I bought this one with the intention of flipping it to fund an ASS, but once I got it and did a full setup on it, something strange happened..... I really liked it :eek: I think what really changed my mind is the pickups. These original custom Dimarzios are really versatile and sound great from clean to high gain and most things in between. I like them much better than the CL/LF and Illuminator pickups. The sparkly finish also helps and the fact that it's in mint condition for a 15 year old guitar. I'm still working through the neck shape and switch placement and trying to adjust my playing technique but so far I'm really digging this guitar. I bought a JP7 at the same time but that one is for sale so no need for an NGD. Same outstanding quality but I think my drop tune days are over.

DD93E54A-DE98-4DD3-B7C0-02A382280531_zpssprql5b5.jpg

F5E3D1AA-4E20-4BB9-A2A9-907D6C506BEE_zpsubvgl9st.jpg

Last edited:

Jason2112

Was this one on eBay a couple weeks ago? I was drooling over it but not currently in the market for more guitars :(

Yep. It took an extra week to get to me (lousy USPS) and I wanted to wait until I was sure it was a keeper before making the NGD post. Ended up in better shape than the seller mentioned.

GWDavis28

Nice congrats!!!! Does it have any stress cracks at the neck pocket in the paint???

That's just the way I like em, natural headstock, very nice, very nice indeed, thanx for sharing.

Glenn |B)

savannah_sean

Yep. It took an extra week to get to me (lousy USPS) and I wanted to wait until I was sure it was a keeper before making the NGD post. Ended up in better shape than the seller mentioned.

That's awesome. I've been trying to collect as many of the old sparkles as possible, they come up so rarely...until recently there was a black sparkle and this silver one. Congrats on the acquisition!

Top Bottom