• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

JVinson

Still loving my Music Man Luke III All Rosewood Neck guitar! This guitar can get any tone you would ever need and plays so great! Here's the "Cliffs Of Dover" cover I did below. Hope you guys like it.

Fro

Nice! One of my favorites. I like that Luke also. I'd like to find an oall rosewood necked HSS to go with my HH model.

JVinson

Great playing sir!!! L3 sounds incredible too!!!
Thanks! Yes the LukeIII HSS can get pretty much any sound you want. For this song I used the 2nd pickup position (bridge/middle) like Eric used when recording the song. Looking at your long list of Music Man guitars you own makes me jealous.. lol That's simply awesome and one day I hope to have as many of them as you. I'm definitely a Music Man guitarist for life!

mikeller

Thanks! Yes the LukeIII HSS can get pretty much any sound you want. For this song I used the 2nd pickup position (bridge/middle) like Eric used when recording the song. Looking at your long list of Music Man guitars you own makes me jealous.. lol That's simply awesome and one day I hope to have as many of them as you. I'm definitely a Music Man guitarist for life!

I might swap you for your skills!!! Seriously speaking, you play very well. I bought my first EBMM just over 10 years ago (Jan 2007). I am at a time in my life when my kids are grown, college is paid for, and I play 55-65 shows a year so I can somewhat justify getting some nice gear.

JVinson

I might swap you for your skills!!! Seriously speaking, you play very well. I bought my first EBMM just over 10 years ago (Jan 2007). I am at a time in my life when my kids are grown, college is paid for, and I play 55-65 shows a year so I can somewhat justify getting some nice gear.
Thanks again!! And yes, that's an awesome collection of guitars!! Which is your favorite?

JVinson

Might I ask, what are you using to record? Amp?
I've got a Mesa Boogie Mark V amp and cabinet that I use when playing gigs with my band, but for recording a video I just use Amplitube 4 which works great for that. It's really impressive how good of tone you can get out of it and it's just a lot easier to setup for something like this. Thanks again!!

guitvai1

Good job, it's a tough song to get down, I've spent days and months on it. Your tone is great too. I must try it with my LukeIII too on the second position as you said, up to now I always grab my Strat Deluxe which approximates the tone pretty well too.

CaseyBall

Tai-Pan
Administrator
Always loved Eric Johnson. Virtuosic without being too flashy, constant focus on musicality. Great job on the cover, love the Luke.

mikeller

Thanks again!! And yes, that's an awesome collection of guitars!! Which is your favorite?

My favorite is the Luke 3 HH in olive gold, with the other two L3's close. The BFR is new to me so I haven't spent a bunch of time with it yet. And the AL is amazing too!!! I've been using Mesa's for years - mostly an Electra-Dyne head with a Royal Atlantic wide-body cab. However last year, on a whim I bought a used Fender Supersonic - the 60 watt combo that has taken over my #1 gig amp spot. That amp took me by surprise - that gain channel is so smooth and the clean channel in bassman mode is awesome. I am very strong considering a Helix now too however. Stuff gets heavy to carry!

DevRock

Not much of an EJ fan, but that was some nice playing, dude. Way to go!

Top Bottom