• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

xjbebop

Behold! My latest creation....He's finished!! :D

34084944130_de94819192_c.jpg

Here's the back story... http://forums.ernieball.com/ernie-ball-music-man-guitars/63820-al-hs-tele-mod.html

Turned out even better than I hoped for! Combination Albert Lee and Richie Kotzen Tele...and then some!

4-way blade switch gives 3 standard Tele settings plus both pups in series, then a push/pull tone pot switches the bridge 'bucker from series to parallel, giving a total of 7 different voicings. With the proper pick guard and all set up and adjusted, it sounds exactly like it should...and then some. VERY pleased with the results! :p

A few more pics of "Jack... ol' no.7"

33659843293_6b943ffd37_c.jpg

34309819322_cefb38e968_b.jpg

Nice little backside too...

34309818452_d5309972c4_c.jpg

kimonostereo

I love it when folks make the instrument their own. Awesome stuff. I have always loved the 4 way switch. Next up: the AL 'Esquire'.

xjbebop

Thanks... I posted it over on the Albert Lee Owners Club on FB (naturally..), so it's possible Mr. Lee himself will get to see it there.

I'm super happy with the results! Sorry I don't have any set up or time to actually record/video some samples. Not to mention the fact that I can't play for beans anyway.... :eek:
I've spent more time working on them than practicing the last few years, and I've always been short changed on actual talent. I still have a good time trying though :)

May as well post a pic of my two franken-AL's together...

34086863690_f798cb09a6_c.jpg

34086863830_64d69840d7_c.jpg

I'm about done with mods for awhile (I think...). Just need to install the push/pull coil split in my Starry Night HHAL that I've been putting off, then I'm gonna hang up the soldering iron for awhile and spend more time trying to learn how to make music with these fabulous instruments...;)

kbaim

I really like the looks of it.

Hey I think Casey was given middle name Lee in honor of Sterlings very long and valued friendship with Albert.

Sterling posted a long time ago saying such iirc

CaseyBall

Tai-Pan
Administrator
I really like the looks of it.

Hey I think Casey was given middle name Lee in honor of Sterlings very long and valued friendship with Albert.

Sterling posted a long time ago saying such iirc

That is correct. Pretty cool as far as namesakes go, I certainly am a fan of Albert regardless.

Spudmurphy

I applaud the non evasive mod - it looks really nice. Ironically I was listening to Albert on TV explaining how he started playing EB guitars - he admitted that The Albert gave him a variety of tones that the tele wouldn't give him. The ALOC likes what it sees ...and i will ensure that you are mentioned in despatches

Oh and I didn't know about the FB page mentioned above - just joined!

Top Bottom