• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

Iin gitar

Hello buddy..
Im iin from indonesia
I want to upgrade my EBMM steve morse ... I need piezo sound in this guitar
Please help me what should i do... What is the best piezo for this guitar...
Thanks

beej

I did indeed :)

I used a Graphtech bridge and preamp. Very doable, you just need to think through the controls.

beej

6mm. (It was an old Morse, though, so you're always best to check the measurements to be sure.) This was many years ago, and Graphtech offers more options now than they used to.

I've updated some of the old photos in that thread- hopefully this helps. Couple of random notes:

- You'll have to drill to run the piezo wire from the bridge to the cavity.
- You'll have to figure out where you want to put the volume control (If you don't use the tone control you can put it there, or use a dual concentric pot, or put a pot where the 3-way toggle is, etc.).
- You'll want to replace the output jack with a stereo jack so you can switch the battery off/on when the cable is plugged in.
- I routed the body for a battery box, but there's room inside the cavity for a battery. (But you'd have to take the pickguard off to change it.)

One final note- I found the Graphtech preamp had some hiss that I couldn't dial out. It's there so you can blend the piezos and mags, and their default wiring has everything going through it. For that reason, I wired up a toggle for active/passive, so I could bypass the preamp if I wanted to. I haven't heard anyone else complain about this, so odds are you won't have to do it.

Good luck!

Iin gitar

6mm. (It was an old Morse, though, so you're always best to check the measurements to be sure.) This was many years ago, and Graphtech offers more options now than they used to.

I've updated some of the old photos in that thread- hopefully this helps. Couple of random notes:

- You'll have to figure out where you want to put the volume control (If you don't use the tone control you can put it there, or use a dual concentric pot, or put a pot where the 3-way toggle is, etc.).
- You'll want to replace the output jack with a stereo jack so you can switch the battery off/on when the cable is plugged in.
- I routed the body for a battery box, but there's room inside the cavity for a battery. (But you'd have to take the pickguard off to change it.)

One final note- I found the Graphtech preamp had some hiss that I couldn't dial out. It's there so you can blend the piezos and mags, and their default wiring has everything going through it. For that reason, I wired up a toggle for active/passive, so I could bypass the preamp if I wanted to. I haven't heard anyone else complain about this, so odds are you won't have to do it.

Good luck!

Thanks buddy ... Very helpful..

Iin gitar

Good luck!
image.jpeg
Do you use the piezo pickup from graphtech too ??
image.jpeg

But the colour is black..

beej

Yes, the Graphtech bridge + piezo saddles. The ones I have are black as well. If that's a problem, you can look at other vendors who have metallic saddles- Fishman, RMC, etc.

Top Bottom