• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

Ox Boris

I keep seeing this combo referred to, but can't find any explanation of what, how or why. Is there anything intentional about it? Did the companies talk to one another to see how best to compliment the other? Or is it just one awesome coincidence? Maybe it's not even a thing; but if it is, can you tell me why?

I see things like, "My StingRay would sound nice though that," and, "It was almost as good as a Stingray through a V8!" etc etc.

As I have just acquired a Trace Elliot V8 to go with my StingRay. I'd just like to know which settings to use to summon demons.

Kong

Germany, Baden-Württemberg. South Germany, near to
Oh, so there have to be two holes. ....or maybe I caused a second one.... ;)

....with one of my StingRay 5 and the Peavey VB 3 I purchased in mint condition this days! I have to say, that all my MusicMan - Basses do sound great with all my amps. But all - tubesters give them some extra flavour I like a lot.

No matter if played over my Ampeg V4b Ri, the Bugera BVV 3000 or the Peavey VB 3, this basses do the magic!

I don't have to talk about how they sound over one of my good old, reliable GenzBenz GBE's, have a 600, a 750 and a behemot, the GBE 1200. And, coming from the same sonical ballpark, a Genzler Magellan. Now, this is a beast of a Class - D - Amp.

I have to say, I would love to have a V8 in my collection, these Trace Elliots are monsters! But rare ones. I just know about three, and yours is one of them. Two of them are owned by members of my german bassplayers community, bassic.ch, as I remember correctly.

Top Bottom