• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

nickfox

Hey Everybody

It's me again. The left-handed guy down in southern France. I got my guitar!!! An absolutely beautiful left handed red hardtail super sport. I posted here in the forum a couple of months ago when I first began my search. I wasn't totally sure if I wanted a Music Man guitar so I drove down to Barcelona (about 3 hours away) and was able to hold a right handed axis guitar. It was then that I realized how incredible the neck really was...

The left handed axis guitars are not easy to find, this was the only used one I was able to find for sale here in Europe.

I bought the guitar from a gentleman up in England. He is here on the forum as hawkevil. When I got the guitar, the first thing I did was to have the frets leveled and polished. The frets are smooth as silk. It's now time for me to bond with my new guitar. I have named her "teardrop". :)

Nick

Attachments

• IMG_20170518_173823.jpg
    IMG_20170518_173823.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 243
  • IMG_20170518_173843.jpg
    IMG_20170518_173843.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 310
  • IMG_20170518_173918.jpg
    IMG_20170518_173918.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 307
Last edited:

RichieZ

That's gorgeous! I'd love to get my hands on an Axis but never see one in person. Enjoy!

nickfox

Thanks guys, I've been playing this thing for hours. I'm just happy to have found a quality guitar that is so comfortable to play.

Wahoonc

Very nice git! Like that color with rosewood. Don't forget to share your pillow with her.

Slater

Guys, is it a terrible thing to want to put a vintage whammy bar in this thing? Any recommendations or advice?

It's not terrible to want a vintage whammy, but I wouldn't do it. If it plays and sounds good, don't do anything you can't undo. A lot of wood needs to be removed for the trem cavity. With all the routing and a new bridge, you could really change the tone of the guitar.

CaseyBall

Tai-Pan
Administrator
Guys, is it a terrible thing to want to put a vintage whammy bar in this thing? Any recommendations or advice?

Once you buy the guitar it is yours to do with as you please. There are some caveats though, as Sterling has said in the past: Once you begin routing the body pretty much all resale value is going to go out the window. You may not plan on selling it, but there's no reason not to keep the option open.

In regards to how the tone would change: Removing wood can change the resonance, but not only that, it could negatively affect how the guitar balances and feels. If you compare the sound of a hardtail ASS between a trem equipped one there is some difference.

nickfox

Thanks guys. I felt a little embarrassed even just asking. I am very hesitant to permanently alter/damage this guitar. There are simply no used left handed axis guitars to be found anywhere.

n

Top Bottom