• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

michaeld13

Is it possible to make the volume knob on my Luke a little harder to turn. It's very easy to turn and I find myselt hitting it quite often by accident lowering the volume. I'm thinking if it had a little more resistance it would help. Any ideas?

Fro

Pull the knob off, put a piece of foam around the shaft and reinstall the knob. The foam will provide some friction.

michaeld13

JL, are you suggesting to install some foam so it will rub against the body of the guitar? Not sure I follow your recommendation.

michaeld13

I think because of the push gain on that knob it will not work- I tried a washer and that seemed to work- but wouldn't allow the gain boost push...

CaseyBall

Tai-Pan
Administrator
I think because of the push gain on that knob it will not work- I tried a washer and that seemed to work- but wouldn't allow the gain boost push...

Is this guitar an LIII or a regular Luke? the push-push pot on the LIII changes the procedure a bit. Regular volume knobs are more straightforward to take care of, basically just one set screw to deal with and then you're under the hood. As always we recommend contacting customer service when you have an issue with your instrument.

michaeld13

It's an L3. If it's not a quick fix I'm not sure it's tweak able. I guess I'll contact customer service when I have a chance.

holeshot1982

Just got a 96' Axis and the truss rod knob is very easy to turn, is this a normal thing? All my other guitars are very hard to tweak.

Pops

Is it possible to make the volume knob on my Luke a little harder to turn. It's very easy to turn and I find myselt hitting it quite often by accident lowering the volume. I'm thinking if it had a little more resistance it would help. Any ideas?

This may help the bit you are looking for starts at 7 minutes.

Top Bottom